Photokina 2010 video

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Photokina 2010 video

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Photokina 2010 video

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I suppose the only recourse is too have two NEX's when at an important event in case of overheating. I haven't had time too watch it yet, was there much of the A7xx onnouncement missed?
Greg
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Mark K »

Thank you and I have gone through them repeatedly.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Translucent Cat fish? Did I hear that right? lol
Well as far as NEX goes and being open to other makers, making improvements to the interface via firmware, I'd have to say that is good news for those who use that. Even if NEX isn't appealing to me it might be at some point if they can look at weaker areas.
As for the DSLR side I've seen that before so it's the same message, translucent and no real mention of normal DSLR's.

So I'm still of the view I was before if you want translucent or are ok with that you'll be happy. If you are a more traditional OVF DSLR user, now is a very good time to make an exit plan.
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

In the third movie synchronization of the sound was not right...
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

The sound is part of the file and no sound editing was done, so I am not sure how that happened for you - it seems OK to me!

David
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

OK, I'll try to look at it again after clearing entirely the cache.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Thanks David for putting this up!
Dr. Harout wrote:In the third movie synchronization of the sound was not right...
Just saw it and feel the same - picture comes 1 sec after sound. You can still see the speakers mouth moving when the sound has already stopped!
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

bossel wrote:
Dr. Harout wrote:In the third movie synchronization of the sound was not right...
Just saw it and feel the same - picture comes 1 sec after sound. You can still see the speakers mouth moving when the sound has already stopped!
I encountered a similar experience, although my impression was that the lag was nowhere near a full second. I was watching it at lunch time on the computer at work, using Firefox. When I get home tonight, I'll see how it looks on Opera, just in case it has something to do with the browser in use.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I don't know why, but I think it is buffering the video and sound at different rates. My Mac shows the video stopping completely but the sound keeps on - then the video catches up, and sometimes lags behind. It seems to be YouTube not the original. I have checked the original file, the one sent to YouTube, and it is perfect - exact sync.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I don't know why, but I think it is buffering the video and sound at different rates. My Mac shows the video stopping completely but the sound keeps on - then the video catches up, and sometimes lags behind. It seems to be YouTube not the original. I have checked the original file, the one sent to YouTube, and it is perfect - exact sync.

David
at what resolution?
if 720p, it is probably a video card not strong enough (plus internet connection speed, buffering, RAM, etc...)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Don't think it's a video card issue, I can play high bitrate full 1080p with never a single problem but even the 320 resolution version from YouTube has this lag - occsasionally. Server load, connection, I think.

David