Nice YouTube video of a77

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

Nice YouTube video of a77

Unread post by cosmonaut1959 »

It pretty well sums it up I a fun way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnIri9PkJC8

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WnIri9PkJC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Nice YouTube video of a77

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

I found it quite annoying but I stuck with it and it had some use in the end. I'm afraid "Aussie" humour is a little different to the Brit "dry wit" they're a tad goofy at times and off the wall! I hope Greg isn't that annoying! (grin)

Wandering a bit but I was talking to an Aussie girl the other day (there are a few over here) and she was a looker indeed, but the high pitched version of Julia Gillard's accent killed it pretty much stone dead :lol:

Now the Kiwi accent is a lot smoother and more bearable!
redsim74
Oligarch

Unread post by redsim74 »

bfitzgerald wrote:Wandering a bit but I was talking to an Aussie girl the other day (there are a few over here) and she was a looker indeed, but the high pitched version of Julia Gillard's accent killed it pretty much stone dead :lol:

Now the Kiwi accent is a lot smoother and more bearable!
I find the further north in Queensland you go, the worse the women sound... which is getting into Greg country.

We Kiwis aren't immune to awful accents either. The stereotypical "Lyn of Tawa" accent is cringe worthy, even to my own ears. :shock:
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Offend away, I totally agree, the female accent here is a total shocker, they seem to have figured out a way of talking through their nose. I have had the misfortune of trying to understand some of them over the phone now and then and I frequently have to get them too repeat various garbled bits and pieces, but the funny thing is they can understand me perfectly well, they must be by-lingual without realizing it, I even have had to tell my grand niece to stop talking like Daffy Duck.
Not only that but they also seem to have invented a whole bunch of new pronunciations for words, words that didn’t exist when I went to school. I don’t understand how the English language could get so badly distorted in such a short time and be so widespread as well.
I did a list of the word pronunciations that really irk me, I used to add on new ones on as I heard them but I can’t find it at the moment. I know a couple that I can’t stand right offhand, Januree and Feburee, those are definitely grit the teeth jobs.
The ABC used to employ announcers, both radio and TV, that could speak the English language properly but its been Hicksville time for quite a while and as you say redsim74 a few of them make one cringe, they do seem to be making an effort to get back towards proper speech lately though I must admit.
Greg
Ps the advert/review for the A77 seemed generally ok I guess, maybe a little long winded on some things and too brief on other more important things, the camera was impressive shown like that for sure, I didn’t see any demo on how long it took to start up, or wake up from sleep mode but I was impressed with the camera as shown. (except for the klutzy rear screen, it should be a fold out and swivel sideways job)
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

Wow, I never knew.lol I wish you would post a link to a YouTube video off someones annoying accent.
But I do understand. There was a girl that worked a few offices down from ours who could have given any Bay Watch girl a run for their money, until she opened her loud and vulger mouth, ear shattering cussing. But I am sure I would get on your nerves as well but I do try hard not to sound like Gomer Pyle. A beautiful woman dropping the F bomb is most unattractive to say the least.
a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6
redsim74
Oligarch

Unread post by redsim74 »

Google "Kath & Kim" for bad Ozzie accents, "Lynn of Tawa" for bad Kiwi accent. Those are the examples that spring to my mind.
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

I see now. In the US girls in the eighties would talk Valley Talk as it was called, I haven't heard the term in years. But you still hear the girls talk it from time to time.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2041258_talk-li ... -girl.html
a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

cosmonaut1959 wrote:I see now. In the US girls in the eighties would talk Valley Talk as it was called, I haven't heard the term in years. But you still hear the girls talk it from time to time.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2041258_talk-li ... -girl.html
... you can also listen to Frank Zapper's "Valley Girl" to get more background information :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
darius_fkrois
Acolyte

Unread post by darius_fkrois »

I found it not only annoying but I do see a strong resemblance to what Kai W said about it on Digital Rev Tv. So seen it, heard it, been there, done that.

cheers
Sony Alpha 77
Tamron 10-24mm; Sony Macro 30mm f2,8; Sigma 50mm f1,4; Sigma 70-200mm f2,8; Sigma TeleConverter 2x, Sony HVL-RLMA; Sony HVL-42AM; Manfrotto 190 XPROB; Lowepro Flipside 400 AW
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Digital Rev Tv is quite good entertainment to a point, after a while though the slap stick stuff can be a bit tiresome.
But it's very popular people do like it. I don't mind a bit of fun, but you have to cover the subject properly too. I think they went overboard on some videos and have tamed it a little with more recent ones.