Sony looks to change the world of DSLRs - Masashi 'Tiger' Im

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Sony looks to change the world of DSLRs - Masashi 'Tiger

Unread post by stevecim »

Has anyone asked Sony about this flash delay problem?
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

stevecim wrote:Has anyone asked Sony about this flash delay problem?
Yes. I can't find it right away, but the concern was forwarded through "Gina," the Sony Style personality, at Sony's official Flickr community.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sonycameraclub/
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Aart Roest
Acolyte

Unread post by Aart Roest »

For me photographs are the goal. Video is far away in my interestbox. I need a trustworthy, stable and comfortable camera, while weight and price seem of secondary importance. My A700, once I got to know the details of how and with what handy, fulfills my needs. And I was most pleased to discover that the A900 follows the same lines. I can understand video-wishes, changing and improving every 6 months. But I'm happy my camera's can take the load for more than quite a few years. My lenses also deserve this...
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Hey Davy, welcome to the forum! This is your very first post and you chose to write about Barry Fitzgerald as a way to introduce yourself to the forum.
Dave Russell wrote:What drives him isn't photography it just happens to be what he knows about. In my line of work I have met many like him.
It doesn't matter if Sony make quantum leaps forward as they have practically done, he needs his crusade as much as air, food and water :roll:
He needs you guys to respond as you have done. Reasoned response won't work as you have seen. The only way is to ignore him you can't have a tennis match with just one player, he would soon get fed up and go home. :D
Dave Russell wrote:cheap shot mate :P
Dave Russell
Acolyte

Unread post by Dave Russell »

Thank's for the welcome Hendry. Seems like you are on a crusade to get me into double digit posting counts :lol:

So here we go. I have been a fan of yours for a few years now, your style of photography and the way you write your travel dialogues/blog are excellent, few on these forums could emulate your expertise. The one below is a very good example of what you are capable of. I liked the Ozymandias touch :wink:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readf ... d=34225185

Keep up the good work Henry and yes I'm still a fan, and will remain so providing you maintain your high standards :wink:

Do you know anything about Huna and firewalking, fascinating subject?

Regards

Davy.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Me and Dave are forming a mutual admiration society. Meeting place is here! :)