Today's announcement: what are you planning to get?

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Today's announcement: what are you planning to get?

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I would buy the WEX deal if the NEX-6 had GPS. I do not need Wifi (I have an EyeFi X2 Pro card and it's a waste of time - literally...). Nor do I want a Sony Entertainment account (Apple is bad enough!), or a touch screen, or any downloadable apps. Pity really, I'd like the lens and the finder.

David
The lens? the 16-50 pancake? how did you like it at Photokina?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

No idea. Not able to use it. Proper samples won't be available for a month or two.

David
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

David Kilpatrick wrote
I would buy the WEX deal if the NEX-6 had GPS. I do not need Wifi (I have an EyeFi X2 Pro card and it's a waste of time - literally...). Nor do I want a Sony Entertainment account (Apple is bad enough!), or a touch screen, or any downloadable apps. Pity really, I'd like the lens and the finder.
and he also wrote
The A77 files are Alamy-OK (a decent standard) at 1600 if reduced to 24 MB (9 megapixels). Anything higher, no go. The NEX-5n which I use a lot is OK to 3200, clean at 1600, and the A580 is also very clean at 1600.

However the real point of the A77 is ISO 50 and careful shooting. It is, after all, the equivalent of a very small 5 x 4 camera.
And that is essentially why I went for the NEX-6/16-50 pancake kit deal at £829.00 delivered. I don't need Wifi or Sony Entertainment account/applications either. I gathered from DK's various writings that particularly the A77 was so so at higher ISOs. I don't need a 24Mp sensor I have resolved. I am so impressed by my NEX-5N 16Mp sensor but miss a proper EVF and more manual control. The NEX-6 is my answer even without GPS. In fact, as part of the kit I probably will have the NEX-6 at a net body only of around £200 if I deduct the £200 saving by buying the lens with the camera and the extra cost of purchasing the external EVF for my NEX-5N. I have come to the conclusion that Sony should probably have settled for a 16-18Mp sensor for APS-C and 30-32Mp for FF rather than what they have now. I think that 24Mp for APS-C is a step too far with current technology.