Shameless Wish-List Fun

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Vivec
Acolyte

Re: Shameless Wish-List Fun

Unread post by Vivec »

Yagil wrote:
Vivec wrote:Ah, I would like to see a new a700 with:

- Autofocus capability at F8 (like the 1DsIII)"
AFAIK, Minolta had this ability for years. Since sony still has the 500/8 Mirror AF lens in production, I have no reason to think it's any different with sony.
Well, the 500mm reflex lens has a special design to keep autofocus working.
What I am talking about is to for example use a 1.4tc on the new 70-400mm F4-F5.6 zoom which would be F8 at 400mm with a teleconverter. I know the Canon 1DsIII has that capability which is often used to put a tele converter on their 400mm F5.6 prime lens.
Yagil Henkin
Heirophant

Never used the Mirror, but

Unread post by Yagil Henkin »

I did focus on the minoltas with a f6.3 lens, and it worked without a hitch. I understand that people do focus with the 18-250. When I bought the Minolta Film 7, AF systems were supposed to work down to 5.6, but the 7 had no problem at all focusing a 6.3 lens, although that lens was slllllowwwww.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Budget FF digital SLR for £399 ;-)

I will come back in 10 years time!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Sony A900 for $199.99 :)
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
alphaPDX
Heirophant

Unread post by alphaPDX »

Since I now own an 18-250, I need to stick it out a while with aps-c. I'd like an a200 with all the parts/smarts of the a700 inside (i.e. a smaller, lighter a700) plus Intelligent Preview. As a consolation prize I'd take a firmware update for the a200 w/new jpg, MLU, more bracketing options.. and a small-screen version of Pac-Man for when there's nothing to shoot :lol:
Jim R, Oregon -- a200 + lenses & stuff
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I'd like a new batch of vertical grips for the a700 and a900 that offer two additional programable buttons like the one that is on the body of my a700. They could replace the "C" and "Fn" buttons, since these are the least necessary buttons to need redundant copies. This would allow the grip to have more unique and special functionality. As for the a700's replacement, its vertical grip should offer more still. I do not mean the additional frame rate like Nikons offer (that is a scam), but perhaps WIFI connectivity for bulk file transfers...

[edit] GPS reciever? put it in the body, please. Make a good case for Sonys over Canons.
Last edited by KevinBarrett on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
youpii
Heirophant

Unread post by youpii »

A memory stick slot that also accepts SD cards