"Programmed 5400 Flash".

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Yagil Henkin
Heirophant

"Programmed 5400 Flash".

Unread post by Yagil Henkin »

I found out this link - http://www.voitzsch.net/flashconv_en.shtml
A Cheap Flash modification for 5400 Flashes that makes them compatible with Minolta Digital Cameras, with almost full capability - apart from W/L HSS.
I have two 5400's: one XI and one HS. Naturally, I find much interest in converting them. I do have several questions though.
First, did anybody here modify his flashes in that way? and did someone try them with an A700? How effective it is?
Second, I understand that some backward compatibility is lost. I have Minolta 5 (Film) and 7 (Film). Does anybody know how does the flash perform on those cameras?
Last but not the least, Is there any way to put that circuit in a kind of Flash connector? That is, instead of soldiering and modifying the flash forever, attaching it to a "hot shoe" that translates the commands from the camera to the flash (That is what that circuit is doing, anyway)?
Thanks,
Yagil
Yagil Henkin
Heirophant

Ooops, Wrong forum.

Unread post by Yagil Henkin »

I'm copying the qwestion to the Flash forum. Sorry!