canon-contax-zeiss??

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Re: canon-contax-zeiss??

Unread post by artington »

To back up Pako's post:

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/products.asp?PT_ID=287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A1000

Unread post by A1000 »

David Kilpatrick wrote:A1000 has had a warning and was asked to delete or edit the offending post (not done). The German photographic industry, working with the Swiss, rescued many thousand of Jews from the Nazis, and provided Britain, the USA and other countries with many of their postwar photo industry entrepreneurs. Focal Press, Photopia (the UK original Minolta importers, aka Japanese Cameras), Picture Post, many agencies, repair shops, and other businesses were founded by refugees.

So not only is the post offensive, it is also incorrect. Only last year Leica were recognised:

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/HolNa_52/4975_52.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The exact reverse of A1000's version of history.

David
I edited the post, however there was nothing that was not true in my original post. It seems that after the war, all these people suddenly stood for something different than before. I am not talking about the ones who left Germany, or wanted to leave it because of Hitler. I am talking about the rest, or rather the great majority of them. In my family people died fighting the Hitler machinery. I heard first hand accounts of what was happening and what kind of people they fought. Who do you think ran the optical industry for Hitler?
A1000

Unread post by A1000 »

Sonolta wrote:
A1000 wrote: I edited the post, however there was nothing that was not true in my original post.
Take your lies, bullsmoke, and brand bashing nonsense somewhere else, please. I read your original post, you called everyone that is a Zeiss and Lecia (and other German gear) fan a Neo-Nazi. You know nothing about anything related to still cameras, lenses, or picture taking and you only regurgitate nonsense that you read on the internet mixed into some crazy form of brand bashing lunacy that you re-post around the internet as ugly spam.

-Sonolta
First, what you say about my post is a lie, second, look at your picture and tell me, who is lunatic here. 3rd - you have no idea what quality of pictures I take.
picman
Heirophant

Unread post by picman »

Sonolta wrote:I did not write the words attributed to me in the quote above, Pako did.
pakodominguez wrote:.
In other hand, I don't find any interest for Canon to buy "Contax facilities"
Regards
http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... d=a#p15206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Sonolta
Of course, you are absolutely right, please accept my apology. This happened inadvertently pasting only part of the quote.
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by stevecim »

A1000 wrote: It seems that after the war, all these people suddenly stood for something different than before. I am not talking about the ones who left Germany, or wanted to leave it because of Hitler. I am talking about the rest, or rather the great majority of them. In my family people died fighting the Hitler machinery. I heard first hand accounts of what was happening and what kind of people they fought. Who do you think ran the optical industry for Hitler?
This post should be deleted has well. It's just total doggie-doo.
1. you can't paint an entier country Nazi becuase of it's leaders.
2. The past is the past and should stay there. We should learn from it. but we should not live it. My parents are Italian, they fought againts the Greeks in WWII. My wife is Greek!
3. War is just stupid and unspeakable acts where preformed by both sides. During WWII and every war/conflict since then!
NealS
Initiate

Unread post by NealS »

A1000 wrote:Zeiss and Leica are just like Rolls Roys and Bentley, under whose fancy names is BMW and VW. Just like underneath German optics is nothing more than Yashica, Cosina, Minolta, Sony, Kyocera, Meopta, Fuji, and who knows who else makes this "German" famous brand stuff.
This is a bizarre comment. Do you really believe that a Japanese company makes Asph-Summiluxes, Noctiluxes, Apo-Summicrons, M7s under subcontract? Next time you are in Solms take the Leica factory tour and find out for yourself.

As for CZ, this is a very proud company. A large number of modern 35mm lens formulae can be traced back to CZ designers. If CZ says a lens is made in Germany, e.g. 85/2.0 ZM Sonnar, you can bet your life it is so.

A1000 wrote:Just like German electronics, also German photographic industry fame is surviving only because the Japanese are so bad in marketing and building up their own image. If they were just a little better, German optics names would not get past museums, swap meets, flea markets, and no one would use it to take pictures.
This is simply not correct. Clean Leica lenses from the 30s to the present era are highly sought after. Check out used Leica prices, surely not everyone is buying Leica gear to put in a display case.

As for German industry in general, why is Germany, despite sky high labour costs, the number one exporter in the world? Poor Japanese marketing, or intrinsic quality? Do you really believe Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax are bad at marketing their products?
NealS
Initiate

Unread post by NealS »

According to CZ representatives, introduction of new Alpa mount lenses is a decision taken by Sony alone. At the moment Sony is trying to position the G lenses as their high end line and have not expressed interest in any new CZ optics. Perhaps this has to do with corporate pride, not to mention royalties.

pakodominguez wrote: I spoke (only 5 minutes...) with a Zeiss Rep at the Photo Plus Expo last October -the booth was full of Nikon and Canon users trying to see closer the lenses (all manual focus) they make. I asked about those manual lenses on Alpha mount and about the Rep told me that the collaboration with Sony is on AF lenses, so they won't bring manual lenses for the A mount, but they won't bring AF lenses for other mount that the A mount either.

In other hand, I don't find any interest for Canon to buy "Contax facilities"

Regards
A1000

Unread post by A1000 »

Who grinds practically all the elements for Leica?

If Jena makes a Zeiss lens, it is made in Germany.

Germany is not No. 1 exporter.
NealS
Initiate

Unread post by NealS »

1. Leica grinds its own elements and matches sets to minimise abberations. BTW, do you really think that grinding elements is all there is to manufacturing a lens?

2. Last time I looked at a map, Oberkochen was still in Germany. :shock:

3. Data available to the public (Google is your friend) clearly shows that Germany is the no. 1 exporter. China has not yet taken over the no. 1 position.

A1000 wrote:Who grinds practically all the elements for Leica?

If Jena makes a Zeiss lens, it is made in Germany.

Germany is not No. 1 exporter.