Nikon D3S video sample

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Nikon D3S video sample

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I've been testing the D3S, and this is a short video produced, shows some of the benefits of shooting at ISO 10,000+ and using 35mm SLR lenses:

http://www.dphotoexpert.com/2009/11/25/ ... 00mm-f2-8/

David
AlphaNut
Acolyte

Re: Nikon D3S video sample

Unread post by AlphaNut »

I get a 404 error page.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi David,

For some reason I can see the article but not the video although I have Flash Player innstalled.

Thanks,

Yildiz
Attachments
movie not loaded.gif
(14.7 KiB) Downloaded 2816 times
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Everything's OK with me. :roll:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I saw it ok, pretty good producing with the fades....hmmm David you realize you took a AUD $23,000.00 outfit out into the drivig rain...? What if it went pffft :mrgreen:
Greg

ps. Pretty good Video from a DSLR just the same.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I'm paid to test this gear, so I do! I did not get it deliberately wet, I kept it as dry as possible; this would be a similar situation to using the camera and lens at a sports event in Britain (well, nine out of ten sports events have mild showers like this).

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Okey dokey, I was only thinking there was a possibility of them saying YA BROKE IT! then try and give you a bill for the repairs...
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hmm, still no luck for me...

So I'll be formatting my laptop and see what's been going wrong at my end.

Anyway, if our Forum Guys liked it so far then they probably saw a good deal of good material functionaing properly in there... :D

Thanks anyway,
Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

aster wrote:Hmm, still no luck for me...

So I'll be formatting my laptop and see what's been going wrong at my end.

Anyway, if our Forum Guys liked it so far then they probably saw a good deal of good material functionaing properly in there... :D

Thanks anyway,
Yildiz
Thats' too bad Yildiz, from what I've seen most of the problems these days seem to be related to security settings and security programs conflicting with one another....
Hope you get it sorted.
Regards
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Greg, :)

No, no improvement there so far. I formatted my laptop computer and re-installed all my programs including Adobe Flash Player but still nothing viewable on that particular page for me. Not only that but due to my AVG Anti-virus program my version of Photoshop is now moved into a 'vault' having been considered as a threat to the system!

New problems for me and yes, as you say, all are due to the new versions of anti-virus and anti-malware software settings. The upgrades seem to have many extra threat definitions which make things all the more complicated and time-consuming. It's become a trial-error experimentation for the moment...I don't remember how many times I re-installed my anti-virus software since last night after formatting the computer!

Yildiz
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Aster wrote:
No, no improvement there so far. I formatted my laptop computer and re-installed all my programs including Adobe Flash Player but still nothing viewable on that particular page for me. Not only that but due to my AVG Anti-virus program my version of Photoshop is now moved into a 'vault' having been considered as a threat to the system!
Strange that. I have the paid for version of AVG 9.0 (latest) and I had no problems viewing the video file. I use MS Vista Premium. In fact I find AVG more user friendly than Norton.
Apart from that I must admit I am not exactly impressed by the capabilities of this D3s video performance. Nothing to do with David. No auto focus. Considering the quality of equipment on which to reproduce videos I cannot see how such an inferior device can in any way compete with a modern £500-£1000 video camera. Give me a good DSLR such as the A700 or A900 (if FF) any time and a quality separate video camera for much less money than the D3s. Also see my reference to Thom Hogan's views on the A750 thread.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yep, these things can drive a person up the wall, I had a third party internet security program some years ago that ran amok during an upgrade of itself and trashed the system, I eventually managed to get rid of it altogether (I reckon it was worse than having an actual virus). Since then I've been using the Microsoft 'Live One Care' Virus checker and Internet security system and haven't had any more problems, so far...touch wood.
I think one of the problems is Windows has it's own firewall built in and that has to be turned off in some cases with third party security systems, BUT that may or may not be the issue with yours of course...you could try prayers, burn some incense, stroke a lucky rabbits foot, but they might not work either.. :lol:
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Alphaomega,

Windows XP with SP3 is running on my computer. SP3 improved many failing issues for this version but through some researching on the internet, I found that after SP2 there appeared to be some conflicting issues when running Active X and Flash contents on some sites.
It's hard to detect the websites where the functionality fails. Maybe a future fix will resolve this. But then, I'm planning on upgrading to Windows 7 and I heard it's a very efficient version thet I can trust with. I run some 3D applications on my computers like 3ds Max and Vista was problematic and unstable with such applications. So I never even considered using Vista from the start.

AVG 9 is my favourite Anti-virus software as well. Norton slows down my system and that's no good when 3d applications are installed and running. Norton has a way of interfering and alerting unnecessarily.

Thanks for your valuable input. :)

Greg;

I'm so fatigued with trying to solve the problem that I'm almost ready to go the next few steps for the candles and the magical chants! :D

Thanks,

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

aster wrote:Hi Alphaomega,

Windows XP with SP3 is running on my computer. SP3 improved many failing issues for this version but through some researching on the internet, I found that after SP2 there appeared to be some conflicting issues when running Active X and Flash contents on some sites.
It's hard to detect the websites where the functionality fails. Maybe a future fix will resolve this. But then, I'm planning on upgrading to Windows 7 and I heard it's a very efficient version thet I can trust with. I run some 3D applications on my computers like 3ds Max and Vista was problematic and unstable with such applications. So I never even considered using Vista from the start.

AVG 9 is my favourite Anti-virus software as well. Norton slows down my system and that's no good when 3d applications are installed and running. Norton has a way of interfering and alerting unnecessarily.

Thanks for your valuable input. :)

Greg;

I'm so fatigued with trying to solve the problem that I'm almost ready to go the next few steps for the candles and the magical chants! :D

Thanks,

Yildiz
Mine is SP3 too, and I don't encounter such problems.
As for Antivirus softwares, I use Avast at home AVG at my office. Frankly I prefer Avast.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Noted that Doc.

I didn't encounter any such difficulties till a few weeks ago. I am suspicious of someone trying to hack into my system...there are more evident little changes that were too obvious to overlook or avoid.

Thanks,
Yildiz