Nikon D3S video sample

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Nikon D3S video sample

Unread post by Dusty »

Aster, I run AVG on all my systems (XP SP3) and have no problems viewing the video. Try to download Firefox (www.getfirefox.com) and view it with that. IE can really foul things up at times!

Hope this helps.

Dusty
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Dusty wrote:Aster, I run AVG on all my systems (XP SP3) and have no problems viewing the video. Try to download Firefox (http://www.getfirefox.com) and view it with that. IE can really foul things up at times!

Hope this helps.

Dusty
Thank you Dusty,

But it still doesn't show with the Firefox. Other flash movies or animations function normally while on this website, the movie tries to load but returns a blank space instead. I'll try sort this out eventually...

Thanks,
Yildiz
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

If YouTube does not function, that's a problem. The majority of such videos on internet are hosted by YouTube.

David
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

aster wrote:Windows XP with SP3 is running on my computer. SP3 improved many failing issues for this version but through some researching on the internet, I found that after SP2 there appeared to be some conflicting issues when running Active X and Flash contents on some sites.
AVG 9 is my favourite Anti-virus software as well. Norton slows down my system and that's no good when 3d applications are installed and running. Norton has a way of interfering and alerting unnecessarily.
I am also running Windows XP with SP3 and Flash installed, and using AVG, and have no problem accessing that video correctly. I happen to be using Opera as my browser, so it seems as if several different browsers work, and that is not likely to be the cause.

I have no suggestions for other changes to try, so all I can offer is my hopes that you have good fortune in solving this problem.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you all,

Your reponses narrowed down the possibilities and as David suggests the only problem seems to be the reason that my Internet Service Provider bans You Tube. Which is a real shame. Using a proxy website may solve this issue temporarily.

Thanks,
Yildiz