CES

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
picman
Heirophant

CES

Unread post by picman »

After seeing the SONY announcement at CES I think I have witnessed the beginning of the end of the Alpha line above 700. Nothing absolutely nothing new to say neither about cameras nor about lenses. We've seen the 900 go over into an 850 (imho just to get rid of the stock of parts of the 900). No replacement for the A700. Are we heading for an alpha line that stops somewhere around the 500 with 20 versions below it and 101 versions of p&s cameras?
prjohn
Acolyte

Re: CES

Unread post by prjohn »

CES is not the place for new announcements, wait for the PMA in Feb.
The world is your playground, why don't you play?

Sony A500, Sony 16-105mm, Minolta 70-210mm f4, Tair 300mm f4.5, Pentacon 50mm f1.8. Carl Zeiss jena 135mm f3.5.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Might as well look for the a750's announcement at E3...anybody see the 34" subwoofer at CES?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Cool 8) You could use this to implement sonic propulsion for electric cars!
picman
Heirophant

Unread post by picman »

OK, that's a relief to hear, but it surprises me nevertheless that they seem to have managed mentioning everything else besides DSLR's
Heidfirst
Oligarch

Unread post by Heidfirst »

picman wrote:OK, that's a relief to hear, but it surprises me nevertheless that they seem to have managed mentioning everything else besides DSLR's
afaik Sony are the only people that have ever announced a new DSLR at CES (A200 & now A450 but both are lower end).