PMA rumours?

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
kingfisher
Oligarch

Re: PMA rumours?

Unread post by kingfisher »

there shall be three different E-MOUNT camera`s at the PMA
and if you used A-MOUNT lenses at this camera`s , the AF shall be working

greetings
gustav
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

kingfisher wrote:there shall be three different E-MOUNT camera`s at the PMA

greetings
gustav
any idea of the shape of this cameras? Panasonic GF1-like? or Panasonic GH1? or Samsung NX10?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

kingfisher wrote:there shall be three different E-MOUNT camera`s at the PMA
Are you saying there will be no A-mount bodies, i.e. DSLRs?
kingfisher
Oligarch

bakubo wrote:
Are you saying there will be no A-mount bodies, i.e. DSLRs?
yes ,
but there will be , only not at the PMA

greetings
gustav
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

/me makes popcorn and prepares to watch the riots
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Personally, I don't give a rats what Sony does with camera bodies at PMA or otherwise, (unless they bring a really outstanding traditional DSLR....which is highly unlikely), I've got three good 'normal' DSLR's that take great photos.
The only thing I really want them to do is, fix the accessories and the lenses. Something, it appears, that Sony is not very adept at doing, and that is definitely a worry.
Greg
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

It all depends on how advanced the top of the line model is.

Given that this is a new product line then PMA is a good place to launch. And to introduce these cameras and the supposed A 6 / A 7 models wouldn't make sense product placement wise. As well they simply wouldn't have the development people or production capacity. These cameras are likely to be Sonys mainstream future in the camera market.

Also very, very annoying for those amongst us who are either looking to update/ upgrade or are using the A 700 replacement to assess where they will personally go in the future. :?

The SLR as we know it still has life in it at the more advanced / higher price points, but as the economics will be with the mass market offerings - I think that the electronics etc for the EVIL range will be adapted to the older product line. However if Sony does opt for a prestige FF model(s) to compete with Canon and Nikon and the film MF price points then we could get some pleasant flow down effects as well. Here's hoping !
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

So no A6xx or A7xx model at PMA? Wow that's really going to go down well among users!
I'd take a bet a good few will hit the panic button and move to another maker. What's so hard about updating a model in over 2 years? Plenty of time really.
I keep hearing about this EVF for DSLR's, but I've got my doubts..I bet we see a new product line.
kingfisher
Oligarch

bfitzgerald wrote:So no A6xx or A7xx model at PMA? Wow that's really going to go down well among users!
I'd take a bet a good few will hit the panic button and move to another maker. What's so hard about updating a model in over 2 years? Plenty of time really.
I keep hearing about this EVF for DSLR's, but I've got my doubts..I bet we see a new product line.
i only now`s this , its always possible , that they come with more , they only say to me , what they WANT to say
i also ask what the differend is between those three camera`s , but they won`t tell
they now that i place this things on PHOTOCLUBALPHA and DYXUM

greetings
gustav
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

kingfisher wrote:...they now that i place this things on PHOTOCLUBALPHA and DYXUM
So they could easily use you to place some disinformation :?
kingfisher
Oligarch

bossel wrote:
kingfisher wrote:...they now that i place this things on PHOTOCLUBALPHA and DYXUM
So they could easily use you to place some disinformation :?
yes that is right bossel :D :D :D :D
but now after all the information that they given me , i think 95% come`s out

sometime`s not , and if that happens , they give me always a logical answer
i can say , that some of them are " friends" of my ,

there is always information , that they cannot give me , example , after the information that there come three e-mount camera`s at PMA , i ask , what is the different between those three
he dont tell me ,
so they dont tell me everyting , only what they want to give me

greetings
gustav
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Gary Friedman has been asked to attend the PMA conference if possible for me.

Will see what is revealed. The more I think about all the recent Alpha camera launches and new lenses, the more I think Sony has been using them as testbeds to see if particular things work or don't. For example, it they have been developing video, the A450/500/550 models make the perfect development platform for prototypes.

There could easily be Sony execs using a 550 out there, but a 550 which isn't the same as mine - one which does record video, and can be tested properly over a period of months without anyone spotting a 'new' Sony camera prototype. Same for the SAM lenses. They represent a new type of lens construction in China, quite different from any previous Minolta/KM/Sony in the way they are designed and put together, as well as the focus motor. The three basic models issued so far would be ideal to pilot this production line (ignoring the SAM Tamron-type 28-75mm).

David
Winedarksea
Heirophant

Unread post by Winedarksea »

Very interesting, David. The A550 may be good for testing not only video, but also much-higher-speed fps, eh. as well?

Do you think it would be possible also to silence the noise of the SAM focus motor?

I certainly hope that Gary is able to attend PMA for you, if you cannot go yourself. I am anxious for a first-hand report.

Dulaney
Alpha 700, SAL 50 f1.4, SAL 18-250, SAL 85 f1.4 ZA
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

The SAM motor does not seem to operate in tiny steps like the SSM motor, when it needs a refocus, it's quite abrupt and noisy. I think they may need something else.

David
Winedarksea
Heirophant

Unread post by Winedarksea »

What day is the PMA press conference, David?
Alpha 700, SAL 50 f1.4, SAL 18-250, SAL 85 f1.4 ZA