PMA rumours?

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: PMA rumours?

Unread post by Javelin »

These cameras might be closer than we are led to beleive. Simon at DPR says Sony showed them to DPR late last year and they had a chance to play with them. Not sure why they would be showing mock ups still but maybe there waiting to see what everyone else is bringing to the table before they send them to manufacturing?

Engadget has some photos of the new EVIL cameras that don't look as much like movie props too so there might be a bunch of these around in various stages of completeness
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Video with a much better view of the rear of the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gizmomomo#p ... ucYq-uRA9w

And a good still.

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/img/dcw/d ... 9.jpg.html
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Winedarksea wrote:As to the "body controls," two buttons are added where the on-off switch used to be. Or that's what it appears. That might take care of WB & ISO. Otherwise, I don't know what lost controls you would be talking about.
I agree, I think those two buttons at the old power switch location are WB and ISO...not bad, IMO.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

KevinBarrett wrote: I agree, I think those two buttons at the old power switch location are WB and ISO...not bad, IMO.
That means that you will always need to take your left hand off the lens, which is supporting the camera, in order to press the buttons. Also, it would be very difficult to do while your eye is looking through the vf.
KevinBarrett

How did anyone overlook this new body?!
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (127.19 KiB) Viewed 4642 times
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

the 2 buttos where the power switch used to be are marked Menu and Display.
RubberDials
Heirophant

How about that!

Unread post by RubberDials »

RubberDials wrote:I would be very surprised if the 500mm lens seen in mock up a few months back wasn't announced. There surely must be a 24mm as well.

Not sure about an a700 'replacement'.

Whatever happens none of it will be available immediately - the 70-400 and 30 macro both took months to arrive. The 16-80 was announced a year before it became available.
I was 100% accurate about the lenses - how about that!
My source? I guessed. :lol: I wonder what else I know? Perhaps I should be hypnotised?
KevinBarrett

Thanks for that link! Judging from the lack of anything where the connections ought to be (not even a slick-looking rubber panel or a means to get a purchase on one), I'd say this is definitely a mock-up, and not even a pre-production camera. There is still time for Sony to consider our feedback and reactions to this concept.

There is still a small (red?) button that we cannot see in this view, but which is more visible here, between the metering switch and the diopter adjustment. Its function is a mystery. No ISO button and, worse still, no programmable "C" button to compensate for any of the button losses is a serious goof-up. There's no telling where the video controls lie, (unless it's that awkwardly place red mystery button), and no on-camera mic like the smaller concept body has (how is that weather-proofed anyway?), which is further suggestion that this one, at least, is only a mock-up.

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

KevinBarrett wrote: There is still a small (red?) button that we cannot see in this view, but which is more visible here, between the metering switch and the diopter adjustment. Its function is a mystery.
Red button: Video. Same thing on he EVIL camera.

Regards
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Lastest ultra-compact DSRL* teaser from Sony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yge-drK3aiM

*Technically it is not a DSRL.

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

Very interesting video :-)

I'm still thinking on how they will manage to support DSLR lenses on the body with and adapter ... If the rumours are right, they will have to build a adapter able to open and close the aperture via mechanical system. For the focus drive, I'm pretty sure they will stay as if you don't have a build in motor focus system in lens, the camera will not be able to autofocus (at least maybe with a confirm focus).

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

InTheSky wrote:Very interesting video :-)

I'm still thinking on how they will manage to support DSLR lenses on the body with and adapter ... If the rumours are right, they will have to build a adapter able to open and close the aperture via mechanical system. For the focus drive, I'm pretty sure they will stay as if you don't have a build in motor focus system in lens, the camera will not be able to autofocus (at least maybe with a confirm focus).

Regards,

Frank
I read on one of those rumors' site that such adapter will cost about 200 US$ -for that price I think they better find an elegant solution
;-)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;