Interval or Time Lapse Photography

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Interval or Time Lapse Photography

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

I've been looking forward to a Sony DSLR with the interval shooting option. The Konica Minolta 7D was ahead of it's time, with the interval shooting option, but the batteries couldn't power the camera for long shoots. I wish I had bought an AC adapter. Sony has not put that option into any DSLR. I know the A700 has a firmware update for interval shooting, but the A700 needs to be teathered to a computer. The new Alpha SLTs don't have teathering and as far as I know interval shooting is not an in camera option. You can buy third party hardware to do interval and remote shooting.

Vello Wireless ShutterBoss Timer Remote (Sony Connection)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... 063&is=REG

This device is limited to 99 frames and costs $99.95.

I would find it handy to have interval shooting as an incamera option in a Sony SLT, without the in convenience of teathering. I have the AC adapter for long shoots, but I may need to purchase the Vello hardware.
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Interval or Time Lapse Photography

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Have a look for other options. I have one somewhere which is wired, and programmable. The advantage of this is that it allows the camera to sleep, and wakes it up via the first pressure signal (AF activation) before taking the interval shot. it cost much less - no more than £29.99 I am sure or I would not have bought it. Then again, I have no idea where it is now, in one of my cupboards or boxes.

David