Day one, a77

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

Day one, a77

Unread post by cosmonaut1959 »

I did get to play with the a77 today. Remember I come from Olympus and have never owned anything else. Out of the box I love the finder. You would think it was a traditional SLR. I had to check twice to make sure it really was a EVF. It has a built in level that will really come in handy.
I am sure you all know it navagates very well. I seldom have to look it the manual. The buttons are placed well on the body. The body is also built very well. I am sure it could take a lot of abuse. Not quite as heafty as my E5 but close enough.
Focus is Fast. Even in low light. Image quality is what you would expect. I can't wait to try 50iso. Here are a few on the run test shots. I hope to do some night shooting this weekend, weather permitting.
So far I am pretty impressed and this is certainly the best camera I have ever owned not counting my M3.

a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Day one, a77

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Obviously a 'bridge camera' :-)

It's certainly something very different - and do try 50 ISO, ideally with a tripod. I've never had such large JPEGs, too much detail (not too much noise).

David
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Day one, a77

Unread post by Birma »

Congratulations Cosmomaut - looking forward to seeing more A77 pictures :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.