KM D7 question

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Wildieswife
Oligarch

KM D7 question

Unread post by Wildieswife »

OH needs to use this as a backup camera on a job (his other Nikon is being repaired) as he needs to know how to zero the file sequences for recording purposes. He's not borrowing my camera..... ;)

Hope there's someone here can answer such an obscure question.

Pat
"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" Bob Dylan
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: KM D7 question

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Take a CF card with a photo on, and in your computer, change the photo's number to 1 (can't remember exactly what the sequence is for the 7D but whatever would be photo no 1). Reload the card and the camera will start off from the new number. You can also, in the menus, choose whether to use Date form folders and whether to reset the numbering when the card is formatted - I'm pretty sure. But the file number changing trick used to work for me (by mistake half the time).

David
Wildieswife
Oligarch

Re: KM D7 question

Unread post by Wildieswife »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Take a CF card with a photo on, and in your computer, change the photo's number to 1 (can't remember exactly what the sequence is for the 7D but whatever would be photo no 1). Reload the card and the camera will start off from the new number. You can also, in the menus, choose whether to use Date form folders and whether to reset the numbering when the card is formatted - I'm pretty sure. But the file number changing trick used to work for me (by mistake half the time).

David
Thankyou David! You're a star :) I shall tell his Nibs.

Pat
"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" Bob Dylan