Custom White Balance a850

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

Custom White Balance a850

Unread post by cosmonaut1959 »

I got one of those Gary Fong Cloud gadgets and I am suppose to be able to put the dome over the lens and fire a shot away from the subject and custom set the white balance. How do I do this with the a850? Exactly every step please.
a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Custom White Balance a850

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

The A850 can store three custom white balance readings. Go to WB and select SET WB (two triangles with a dot in the centre). Press the centre of the rear controller (multi-selector). The camera is now ready to take the reading. Stand either in the subject position, or in the camera position but facing the light at the same angle the subject does. The optimum reading is from the subject position, aimed towards the camera position. Hold the diffuser over the lens, and press the shutter. Use the multi-selector to choose 1, 2 or 3. You have now stored this WB.

If you want to use it again, go to SET WB and instead of pressing the centre selector first, use the conrtroller to select 1, 2 or 3 then press the centre button - this recalls the memorised WB.

David
cosmonaut1959
Oligarch

Re: Custom White Balance a850

Unread post by cosmonaut1959 »

Thanks David. I appreciate it and the time taken to help.
a99, Carl Ziess 24-70mm
a77, Tamron 18-270mm
Fuji Xpro 1, 18mm
Leica M4/M6