Help with flash choices

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
Gbags
Acolyte

Help with flash choices

Unread post by Gbags »

Hi My Name is Graham and I am a new member, what I would like help with is, I am wanting to set up a flash system for home use, I have the dynax 5D camera and i have a 3600hs (D) flash, I am wanting to purchase anothe one or two flashes that will work with the off camera system. I am wanting to know which flashes will work with this system either Minolta, Sony or other makes. Or would I be better using another system like a trigger.

Thank you for your help in antisipation
Graham. :)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Help with flash choices

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

A couple of s/h Minolta/KM units would be ideal - 3600HS and a 5600HS. That would be more than you need. You could also use Sigma EF 500 or 530 Super DG, Metz 54/58 AFi or similar.

David
Gbags
Acolyte

Unread post by Gbags »

Thank you for your quick reply I will keep my eyes open for these, could you tell me how many flash units could I use at once.

Graham.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I've used four. There is no limit. I have never tried more than four at a time - Sigma, two Minolta, Metz all in one go.

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Check out this old website by a photographer named Gary Walts about the use of the Minolta flash system. The stuff there was written in the 1990s and refers to Minolta film bodies, but the flash info, wireless flash setups, etc. are still correct, I think. David, do you know if it is all still correct? I found his website something like around 1995 or 1996, I think. He updated it for awhile and then seemed to have stopped.

http://home.imcnet.net/~waltsman/flash.html