HVL-F20AM Flash.

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
jimlew412
Acolyte

HVL-F20AM Flash.

Unread post by jimlew412 »

HVL-F20AM.While all this talk of new verson's of Alpha DSLR's is of interest, I now have an actual new piece of gear which I received on Friday 31/07/09. Yes, the HVL-F20AM.
I got it to use as the trigger flash on my A-900 so that I can use the HVL-F58AM(and HVL-F36AM/HVL-F56AM.) off camera.
So far I have found it to do the job with up to two wireless flashes(58+36/58+56) either full(1/1) or part(1/2-> 1/4...) power.
I have not gone into the ratio control side and to be honest I am hoping some rocket scientist type out there will do so, (post it and/or sell it) and put me out of my misery.
As the sun is out again I am off to take photos, which really, is what it is all about.
jimlew412
Acolyte

Re: HVL-F20AM Flash.

:D . If that's the case, it is really no big deal. I have found for my purposes auto or manuel control is fine.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You get ratio anyway with a 36 and a 56. It's approximately a 2:1 ratio automatically if you use the two different power guns. You can change it further by using the wide-angle diffuser (but not by zooming, which is disabled for remote wireless heads).

David
jimlew412
Acolyte

Thanks for the help and advise on this matter. Up until now I had only used wireless flash with one remote unit mainly inside churches and historic buidings. :D
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

This topic has been moved to "Technique Discussion >> Flash".
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --