Small flash for a900

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
dynacam
Acolyte

Small flash for a900

Unread post by dynacam »

Is the F20AM worth getting for a onboard flash or are there other brands of smaller flashes that will work with the a900.
I have a F36 (3600D) so one thing in the F20 favour is that its wireless control feature, do other brands have this option ?
Thanks
Graeme Knox (dynacam)
http://www.k-island.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
harvey
Oligarch

Re: Small flash for a900

Unread post by harvey »

dynacam wrote:Is the F20AM worth getting for a onboard flash or are there other brands of smaller flashes that will work with the a900.
I have a F36 (3600D) so one thing in the F20 favour is that its wireless control feature, do other brands have this option ?
Thanks
Mine seems to work and I like the compact design, fold-down and bounce angle features.

I guess you have to add the price of a shoe adaptor for any other flash.

Harvey
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

I bought one a month ago and it has been (one of) the best accessory for A900. It is compact and convenient and made A900 that much more usable (for me) for grab and go shots of my family. Even the batteries seem to last long. The benefit of 20 is that it triggers my 58 wirelessly.

With best regards,
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
dynacam
Acolyte

Unread post by dynacam »

I ended up getting on also, for my birthday, It works well and as mentioned is easy to carry around a good accessory for the a900..
Graeme Knox (dynacam)
http://www.k-island.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
harvey
Oligarch

Unread post by harvey »

dynacam wrote:Is the F20AM worth getting for a onboard flash or are there other brands of smaller flashes that will work with the a900.
Thanks
I'm happy with mine, a bit underpowered for bounce but then it is compact and relatively inexpensive.

I just had a crazy idea - would it be any use to have a small flash in the vertical grip?

Harvey