HVL-MT24AM

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: HVL-MT24AM

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Update:
The battery compartment hatch is awful, a pain in the you know where. You have to work hard to get it open, it gets in the middle so every time I use blunt scissors, push on the top of the middle batteries from the half opening of the hatch and get it open.
The hatch of the F42 is great.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Sounds like (I think Henry's ?) complaint about the 36Am battery hatch
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

hey I wonder now you say it's getting hung up on the batteries?and have to press down on them? I wonder if there is a diference in the edges of batteries that would cause one to catch and others not to ?
Dr. Harout

Javelin wrote:hey I wonder now you say it's getting hung up on the batteries?and have to press down on them? I wonder if there is a diference in the edges of batteries that would cause one to catch and others not to ?
Will try and let you know.

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Batteries are not consistent in size. They can vary by as much as 1.5mm in length, and some cause problems with fit in flashgun compartments. Rechargeable cells of an exact fit are the best bet. I also find that the Energizer brand, which Minolta used (I bought over 2000 Energizer AAs from them when they closed) are a good fit. My stash of Energizer cells expires in 2012, been using them since 2006, have sold 1200 to other photographers in trays of 300 cells at a time!

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

During this discussion http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... 3&start=15, Tom (Ursa Major) came up with a solution that helps enormously, he uses a credit card in the hinge line to push the door a little sideways, and I found after a little experimenting that you can use your index fingernail just as well (if you have a reasonably stout index fingernail that is). All you have to do is press that into the hinge line as you open the door, and it opens easily.
Greg
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

maybe thats it David. I only use Duracells and Energizers in anything that uses AA's. they are locally made where I live so I seek them out. I really like the compartment on my F36. I can use 4packs of batteries and pre-stage them in the plastic package so I can dump and load all 4 at a time without even really paying attention to what i'm doing.
Dr. Harout

David Kilpatrick wrote:Batteries are not consistent in size. They can vary by as much as 1.5mm in length, and some cause problems with fit in flashgun compartments. Rechargeable cells of an exact fit are the best bet. I also find that the Energizer brand, which Minolta used (I bought over 2000 Energizer AAs from them when they closed) are a good fit. My stash of Energizer cells expires in 2012, been using them since 2006, have sold 1200 to other photographers in trays of 300 cells at a time!

David
Time to find Energizers. Thanks.

Greg Beetham wrote:During this discussion http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... 3&start=15, Tom (Ursa Major) came up with a solution that helps enormously, he uses a credit card in the hinge line to push the door a little sideways, and I found after a little experimenting that you can use your index fingernail just as well (if you have a reasonably stout index fingernail that is). All you have to do is press that into the hinge line as you open the door, and it opens easily.
Greg
Anyone with a spare credit card? I'll surely use it. :lol:

Flickr