Ratio in wireless falsh setup's

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
Mogih
Acolyte

Ratio in wireless falsh setup's

Unread post by Mogih »

Hi.
I have an a900 and a 58am as a controller. I have a refitted 5400HS, that normaly work fine both as single on-body-flash, and as wireless flash. But when i want to set a ratio between controller and the slave, i cant seem to get it work. Either the controller or the slave over expoces. Have any of you any experiens with this setup?

Sorry for the bad english..

Regards
Michael
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Ratio in wireless falsh setup's

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Michael what do you mean by a 5400HS 'refitted' ? I don't have a F58 myself, but I thought it was the first that could do ratio in the late model flashes, but I thought it needed to work with another F58, I'm not totally sure though. My F56 (5600HSD) can't do it, it says in the handbook that the ratio that is listed on the rear screen is inoperative and not to use it. Btw I thought with two flashes you just use the WL (you will need a third flash for the A900, no flip-up flash) feature and play around with the distance from the subject with the remote flashes.
Greg
Mogih
Acolyte

Re: Ratio in wireless falsh setup's

Unread post by Mogih »

Hi Greg.

Thx for your advice/opinion. I have refitted the MINOLTA 5400HS with a PCB, so that i can work with my a900. Otherwise it just goes FULL flash every time.