A900 roll-out

Cabled, wireless, studio - anything do with using flash
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

A900 roll-out

Unread post by Javelin »

David did you by chance get an answer on what they are doing about macro flashes? Theres also a couple of questions that lack definitive answers about the wireless controller for the A900. I saw one post where they said the camera will ship with a separate flash control module (first I've heard of that) but from the specs I gathered that any wireless capable flash Sony has will wirelessly control other Sony flashes from the A900 hot shoe? Gary Friedman was also poking around trying to get a firm answer on the wireless thing.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: A900 roll-out

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Only the HVL-F58AM can act as a master. There are no plans right now for a macro flash. Also, the promised 24-105mm f/4 big lens is not yet in prototype form and they will not admit it exists.

David
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

A lot of people are going to be disapointed to hear that. Local shops here have the 56am in stock at $549.00. you would think the 42am would be able to do it since it's so new
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

The whole master flash controller is a real bum**r. I got caught out by Minolta with the 5400 when I bought a D7D, and it seems Sony is trying to cash in again by doing a similar thing (I have two 56’s to replace the 5400). As someone who would like an A900, I begrudge having to buy a 58 to fire my 56’s wirelessly off shoe! :evil:

Philip
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

I've seen twice now the reference to a seperate flash control that ships with the camera. but not description or other information. maybe in the end thats what it will be. or at least an option you could buy.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I think Sony will show other accessories at Photokina. You do not create a beauty without a proper outfit. OK, we have the new lenses (2 in fact), but still no words on the primes and other accessories including flash, ring flash, flash accessories etc.
Well I think so... I hope so... I dream so... :oops:
Last edited by Dr. Harout on Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Does any one know if the 58am flash will act as a controller on an A700? I mean can it be used instead of the pop up for wireless flash ?
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Perfect , thanks i'll read up on it.