A700 V4 ISO5000 Q: better postprocessing possible?

It matters to many but not to all
springm
Oligarch

A700 V4 ISO5000 Q: better postprocessing possible?

Unread post by springm »

dsc05348small.jpg
full size on flickr
A pretty extreme situation: exposure of 0.4 secs with the Tamron 11-18 at 11mm. The image is an roughly 80% crop of the original

This is the best I could get out of processing the craw with bibble 4.10. I wonder if there is any possibility to suppress the grain especially in the blacks.

Regards - Markus
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: A700 V4 ISO5000 Q: better postprocessing possible?

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Upgrade Bibble to the full version with Noise Ninja rather than the 'lite'? If you already have Noise Ninja, then you are probably on the edge of being able to get results from an underexposed area.

Bibble is a very 'sharp' converter and can do this. Photoshop Elements with ACR may do a better job, not as crisp, but with less of the 'salt' dots.

David
springm
Oligarch

Unread post by springm »

At the moment I am using the trial version of bibble. Despite of being lightzone addicted - the user interface and the regions speed up my workflow so much - bibble seems to be an extremely interesting alternative, especially for lower light situations. And in europe, there is 6 months of lower light... in fact this was one of the major reasons to get a camera with in-body-stabilisation. In lightzone I simply don't get even this quality of bibble-unlicensed-noiseninja noise suppression, the image either becomes blurry or the noise is much more prominent.

What I would like to achieve in shots as this is at least a black without grain. Are there tricks in photoshop (I use gimp, so I will have to transfer the technique) to achieve this?
MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

Sorry for a late reaction, just flew in since yesterday.

I use Noiseware from Imagenomic and it's a true noise killer, even better than Noise Nija which I don't use anymore.

Here is the link to the website : http://www.imagenomic.com/nwpg.aspx

Cheers, John.
John.

Sony A700 - KMD7D + Grip - HS5600 D and some Minolta Lenses