Nice link for learning exposures

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
rharlow
Acolyte

Nice link for learning exposures

Unread post by rharlow »

Found a post on another site I thought was really good, not sure where to post it at .

Here are two inter-active sites that allow you to make changes and see immediate results:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
- f /stop (Lens Opening) and ISO
- f/stop and Shutter Speed - and immediately see the results.

Interactive Site 1

This first site shows what happens when you change the 3 most important settings. You can then make any adjustments in order to get a "better" picture. This one uses a dog as its subject.

http://dryreading.com/camera/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interactive site 2

This site shows a picture (of a young couple) and allows you to change the f stop (lens opening) and shutter speed to instantly see what happens when you increase or decrease the settings:

http://www.photonhead.com/exposure/simcam.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Either one (or both) should be able help you to improve your skills.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Nice link for learning exposures

Unread post by aster »

Thank you rharlow, :D

That's indeed a nice learning platform! I enjoyed the various other options like the one for the film cameras too...

Thanks again
Yildiz
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

Good links, thanks for posting.

The UK Open University digital photography course – T189 used many similar web pages as part of their on-line tutorials. I did the course last year and found that style of practical explanation very easy to understand, which undoubtedly contributed to my skills now, (although the colour saturation feature seemed to be missing when I did it :twisted:)

DK published an account of my course in the latest edition of Photoworld. You can download a copy here

Brian
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

rharlow, thanks for sharing those good links.
Lifeline

Unread post by Lifeline »

thank you very much... :D