Planes

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Planes

Unread post by Javelin »

A DPR member keeps posting these stunning aircraft images. He's from Innsbruk and with the airport there nestled behind mountains and short runways the setting is perfect for a photographer of his calibre to get great shots.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=31407553

I was by the airport one day and gave it a try,
I think the best images of flying planes are from a more front angle and it's pretty important that there be some sort of background. what do you think?

aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Planes

Unread post by aster »

Looking very good Javelin,

Seeing them as they open their landing gear just before landing is exciting. You've got some sharp photos with good blue skies.
Which lens did you take these with?

Yildiz
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Thanks Yildiz .. this was the 70-300G . I actually put this lens put away for a couple weeks but i'm going to start carrying it again for a while. to be honest i'm not sure I like it. I seem to have some trouble getting sharp images from it .. well compared to my beercans that is. and I don't think the SSM is really that much faster to focus, I mean it is but when it loses it still takes a long time to get it back. also it's so quiet it creeps me out. heh. I have to keep checking that it's working when I feel it took to long to focus.. Maybe i'll cloths pin a playing card to the focus ring like I did with my bycycle as a kid.. whap whap whap whap...
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice shots. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

Good shots, Javelin, but I agree that they would be better if you could get an angle that would include a background other than just sky.

Dusty
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Thanks, a hot air balloon tethered at about 400' would do it from that spot... course it would get them all excited at the airport. there is another spot farther up the runway right where these would be touching down but I'd need permission and a ladder to get on top of some shipping containers to see over the fence and some shrubs

Dusty wrote:Good shots, Javelin, but I agree that they would be better if you could get an angle that would include a background other than just sky.

Dusty