if i use spot focus and press the button halfway to lock

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

if i use spot focus and press the button halfway to lock

Unread post by gio67 »

on the a700

does the exposure lock too, or is there any way to substitute the af/mf button for the ael button as i find it hard to press the ael button, i usually end up pressing the af/mf
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: if i use spot focus and press the button halfway to lock

Unread post by Javelin »

I don't see any way to make the button change it's function but can;t you lock the exposure first then lock focus and recompose? You coulkd also make the DOF previes button function as focus hold which may help you?
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

If you use AF-S, then the focus hold is operated by your index finger while the AEL is operated by your thumb--simply do your exposure lock, then focus and compose. You might also consider using the selectable AF points (though these are less sensitive and can hunt in bad light), which also weight the metering.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

KevinBarrett wrote:If you use AF-S, then the focus hold is operated by your index finger while the AEL is operated by your thumb--simply do your exposure lock, then focus and compose. You might also consider using the selectable AF points (though these are less sensitive and can hunt in bad light), which also weight the metering.
thanks, i'll just have to keep practising