Saving as JPEG (.JPG) Unexpected difficulty.

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Omega892
Oligarch

Saving as JPEG (.JPG) Unexpected difficulty.

Unread post by Omega892 »

I have here a batch of images which I exported from Lightroom 2 as TIFFs.

From these I wished to create downsized JPEGs for quick sample printing for another persons selection.

I was away from home and using Elements 3 on a laptop, the Elements JPEG Save as selection was limited to JPEG 2000 (.JPF,.JPX etc). Other TIFFs had no such restrictions.

I have never encountered this before.

What is going on here?
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
harveyzone
Oligarch

Re: Saving as JPEG (.JPG) Unexpected difficulty.

Unread post by harveyzone »

Omega892 wrote:I was away from home and using Elements 3 on a laptop, the Elements JPEG Save as selection was limited to JPEG 2000 (.JPF,.JPX etc). Other TIFFs had no such restrictions.
This kind of thing is usually due to the file being opened as 16 bit, and needing to be converted to an 8 bit file first.
--
Tom
Omega892
Oligarch

Re: Saving as JPEG (.JPG) Unexpected difficulty.

Unread post by Omega892 »

harveyzone wrote:
Omega892 wrote:I was away from home and using Elements 3 on a laptop, the Elements JPEG Save as selection was limited to JPEG 2000 (.JPF,.JPX etc). Other TIFFs had no such restrictions.
This kind of thing is usually due to the file being opened as 16 bit, and needing to be converted to an 8 bit file first.
Thanks for that swift and spot on reply.

I have indeed found that some file preferences in that area in Lightroom had been changed and I do not recall doing that.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin