People

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

People

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

You know what to do. This is the "Imaging Helpline"... so C&C are welcomed. :evil:

A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: People

Unread post by aster »

What exactly bothers you Dr. Harout?

The colours look fine to me; no over-saturation of the red hence no detail loss; the blue and the other colours appear to be very natural.
Not too sharp but definitely good details; the fibres are visible.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that, this photo could use some shallow DoF that could bring one of the dolls forth with some isolation from the background. That's a choice though.

Yildiz
Dr. Harout

aster wrote:...The only thing that comes to my mind is that, this photo could use some shallow DoF that could bring one of the dolls forth with some isolation from the background. That's a choice though.

Yildiz
Exactly what I had in mind. Thanks Yildiz.
One of the main reasons I would like to go FF is the shallower depth of field with a given lens.
That shot was full open at f/5.6 with SAL16105. I'm thinking of defecting that lens and opting for a Tamron 17-50/2.8, or even acquiring the new SAL30M28-DT :roll:

Flickr
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Well it's a nice shot anyway. I think though if you've really taken up knitting you might want everything in focus :)
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Doc - perhaps you could have changed your, or the doll's, position so that one of the dolls (the red one?) was "looking" in to the camera? I like the sad ( :( ) doll with wild hair. What is the story behind their costume and the things they are holding?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout

Birma wrote:Hi Doc - perhaps you could have changed your, or the doll's, position so that one of the dolls (the red one?) was "looking" in to the camera? I like the sad ( :( ) doll with wild hair. What is the story behind their costume and the things they are holding?
The "woman in red" has a cross in her hand, as for the guy, a necklace.
You're right about the angle of shoot. Next time I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Flickr