Last snow scenes

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Last snow scenes

Unread post by Javelin »

These might be the last snow scapes i'll get this winter. altogether it was a pretty tame winter without much snow.

The second shot I'm having trouble getting the colour right I think this is close. Still not exactly right though.

KevinBarrett

Re: Last snow scenes

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

The second here is stunning in its simplicity. I love it!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Both nice shots Javelin - I think your normal allocation of snow went elsewhere this year :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Unread post by Arun Gaur »

Both are good and different. The sky and the fresh quality of cloudlets in #1. The #2 evokes the vast loneliness and the human enterprise.
Arun
http://tripolia-indianlandscapeimages.com
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Thanks guys. so you think the colour is ok in the 2nd one? the first one is a result of "landscape mode" which i've never tried before. the Amode version I can't get to look the same theres something does with the colour on that. it's also very soft and took sharpening. I have no explanation for the softness. the lanscape mote set F13 and my manual shot I selected F11.
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Javelin wrote:Thanks guys. so you think the colour is ok in the 2nd one?
Yes! It's fantastic. The best quality of the light at that hour is that it looks unnatural anyway, but you seem to have captured its perfect unnaturalness.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Javelin- I enjoyed both photos- #1 very pretty and pastoral.. #2 almost abstract with its surreal sky. I love the snowmobile? and animal tracks at the bottom. They really add to the image. John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Very calm, quiet snow. But a premature 'last of the snow' prediction. At least in the UK, I can remember organising a Minolta Club event for the first weekend in May and being snowed off. And either last year or the year before we had snow in June, admittedly not enough to matter!

David
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Normally I would agree with you. we get at least one huge storm in March every year. but this winter has been such a non starter. Milestones for winter here are we would get 3 weeks or a month of -30°c. this time of year last year the snow bank in front of my house was 12' tall and the year before was close to 15 before the county had to plow it back further. this year I have maybe 18" of ugly brown Schmootz and pockets of Munge everywhere else. Usually every 3 days theres enough accumulation through the winter to necessitate snow blowing the driveway out. this year I had the blower out 3 times and twice was just the last time it snowed for about 6" one day and maybe 8" the next 2 weeks ago.

I'm planing a Banana plantation here if this global warming keeps up. Lake Ontario should have a nice shoreline and beach a few miles south of me you can see where the glaciers left off last time, I already have the beach resort land picked out. your all invited to visit. maybe we can get scuba outings together so you can all dive on Toronto :)
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Those are Snomobile, Fox and Coyote tracks. the Coyote tracks are in the mid frame to the right he went to the snomobile track and followed that the rest of the way across. I was trying to get all the diferent tracks in angled lines accross the frame and not blow the sky away so much that the power poles lose their wires. I lost some of the colour for the sky though. there is actually a patch of blue I was trying to preserve without selectively adjusting the exposure for part of the picture. (I can't do that very well and looks bad whenever I try)
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

I like the first one Ok, but you missed the sweet time of the AM. The tracks in the second one are too distracting to me.
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Yes I missed the AM sun by about 8 hours this was about 5 in the afternoon. the second one printed is a Lot beter. there is so much detail in the snow with sections frozen and it had flowing patterns of drifted snow on it and perfectly smooth regions in between. the closer you get to the print the more detail reveals itself. I actually just sold my print of that one to a lady who really liked it. I'm getting another print made but in a banner style not tall but wide and cutting out all the tracks in the bottom 2/3's so just the plane snow , poles and sky