printing despair

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

printing despair

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

hi all
i have had good prints using elements 6, and set to printer manage colours, colometric or perceptual.
if i follow advice from others, not from this sight i might add. setting photoshop to handle colours etc.

i then get rubbish prints, i decided to stick to what works for me, i would love to hear from any one who prints using elements 6, epson printer, and know what they settings they use.

cant keep wasting ink and paper.

mike hawthorne
Ossie
Grand Caliph

Re: printing despair

Unread post by Ossie »

Mike

I don’t begin to understand colour management. Initially I used PSE3 and to start with was happy with the results of letting the printer, Epson R2400 manage colours. Happy that is until I saw the result of a system i.e. monitor, paper, printer and inks having been properly calibrated and profiled. My system went through the process and profiles for the various papers I use were produced. These were loaded into PS and now the software manages the colours when printing and what I see on the monitor is what I get from the printer.

I have noticed in previous posts you make reference to using Cameraworld in Chelmsford, that suggests to me you live in the area (I am near Colchester). If memory serves me correctly the chap who calibrated my system lives in Canvey/Benfleet and made a modest charge for doing it, basically his travel costs. If you send me a PM I will let you have his details. He has calibrated the systems of several members of my camera club (including a few who use PSE) and everyone is very happy with what he has done.

Keith
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

hi keith
would that be a chap named fuller, i used to go to canvey camera club, but it has closed i beleive .
mike
Ossie
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ossie »

Mike

Yes it is. I don't know about the Canvey CC but he is still active with the calibration and profiling.

Keith
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

hi
thanks for rely i think i may well give him a buzz i can get his number of old club members, it may be cheaper than wasting ink and paper, only prblem i have is i use a laptop.

thanks again

mie