Calibration

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dave Shears
Acolyte

Calibration

Unread post by Dave Shears »

Being fairly new to photoshop editing, I still have a lot to learn about saturation/vibrancy and colour balance. I do understand that monitor calibration is very important, so I need to get this sorted. With a budget of around £100 can anybody recommend a calibrating system over the others or are they all much of a muchness?

many thanks,

Dave
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Calibration

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

If you have a Mac and reasonable eyesight, just use the built-in software routine to create a profile, leaving your monitor at native whitepoint and gamma.

For systems which need hardware calibration, the most affordable option is the Pantone Huey Professional, which falls in your price range. It can be used on laptops as well and is good for travel, as it has a function to sense the ambient light changes, and adapt the screen brightness to them.

David