Temple of the Virgin, Zion NP. ACR before and After

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Temple of the Virgin, Zion NP. ACR before and After

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

As you might know, I have been experimenting with a new workflow over the past month or so. I had been using Sony's raw processor, but have slowly been transitioning to ACR. I am REALLY starting to like it and I'm amazed at what it can do. The first pic below is what I considered a b-roll shot due to the lack of a dramatic sky and overall flatness of the image. It's right out of ACR as is. The second shot is the same one after running thru ACR. Big difference. I was able to warm up the wall, and simulate the sunrise that never really happened that day. This is shot (temple of the virgin at sunrise) is a southwestern classic and can be elbow to elbow with photographers during high season. There are still a few things that I want to tweak with it, but so so far, I am impressed with how I was able to transform the image....

Before

After
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Temple of the Virgin, Zion NP. ACR before and After

Unread post by aster »

That's quite the transformation, Lonnie; does give the whole scene and the temple a bounce and dramatic colour enhancement out of the flatness of the original photo frame.

Thanks,

Yildiz