Some examples with my new Tamron 18-250mm zoom lens!

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Alex 007
Acolyte

Some examples with my new Tamron 18-250mm zoom lens!

Unread post by Alex 007 »

Hello KM/Sony owners!

Here is my first post, in this amazing Web, hoping that you will give an a seriously constructive critic to all my photos that will be in the below link from my Picasa photo organizer.

Currently, I own a KM Dynax 7D body now fitted since two weeks ago with a Tamron A18s 18-250mm, which I decided buy up as "I HATE"...change lens, for avoid any dust/dirt inside the lens chamber specially regarding the sensor, which on the past each time that I changed lenses (Still with me 7 "A" mount lenses some Minolta & generic ones). so for the meantime I'm, tranquil that after 19 times fitting & withdrawing the lens till my sensor is 100% spotless clean. This fatigued procedure took me 4 hours.

Enjoy my photos...& please do not hesitate to drop me any critic! :?:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alex.Cozac/ ... uxM3z2aAuM

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alex.Cozac/ ... vuBDXxaTrM

Peace,
Last edited by Alex 007 on Mon May 21, 2007 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex 007!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I like the portrait and the dog best. The Tamron is definitely best in the centre of the image at long focal lengths or for close-ups, and cropping the images to a square or a 10 x 8 shape is a good strategy. It cuts off any vignetting or chromatic aberration as well as improving the composition. Maybe you should also crop the leaves against blue sky. At the moment you are composing a bit centrally, and the way you see the pictures tends to keep them very symmetrical and centred. The portrait has about the best overall compositional balance. Some people criticise a hand covering part of the face in portraits but in this case I like it; it is natural and adds character. It is also a very good hand shape pose, and the lighting on the hand ensures it does not dominate the shot.
Alex 007
Acolyte

Thanks a lot David!

here my just downladed from my Picasa album photos...hope that will be more enjoyable for you!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alex.Cozac/ ... iIjX1BrwfE

Peace,
Alex 007!
Alex 007
Acolyte

Dear KM/Sony fans,

Today I decided to walk a little bit away from home, so here 13 photos when I was walking with my lovely 7D/Tamron 18-250mm lens combo...hope that all of you will be delighted as I'm...!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alex.Cozac/ ... YugQoURvxE

Enjoy, with my most heart fully best wishes!

Peace,
Alex 007!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

You are using an interesting technique to blur the edges. Is this a centre-focus soft focus lens, or Photoshop (etc) used afterwards to Gaussian blur a feathered zone? Rather spooky looking dead leaves and berries! Still focusing very much right in the middle of the composition though. Looks as if you have cropped one shot after doing the blur?

David
Alex 007
Acolyte

Hi David,

Yes I do so...after been finish all my "Post Processing" trough my Picasa photo organizer...finally I decided again to "Re-crop" a little bit more!

From the Australian forum on Minolta/Sony cameras, that I also signed, I received a advise to cope in a better way the background "Highlights" on some of the photos!

So I revised my photos & here is how I find; a much better solution!?

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alex.Cozac/ ... 5e7gGJcktY

Peace,
Alex 007!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I'm not sure about the use of standard frames or graphics like this - it may mask a distracting highlight, but the image ceases to be yours and someone else's art is getting overlaid on to it. With any good image editor, you could entirely remove that bright highlight just by cloning background detail from other areas and it would not take long.

David
Alex 007
Acolyte

Hi David,

Yes...again you are 100% right, but as sorry to say so, but is the reality...I'm 100% an a Idiot regarding computers...& only my first Son who is an Computer programmer...arrange & tune our home computer, he radically don't WANT to install for me the Photoshop CS...as he says that is to complicate & at 64 years old, as I'm...it's completely not imperative! Use Picasa for 99.99% of your photos is FREE & NON destructive as many or most photo softwares.

He barely agreed to install me the "Faststone" photo program from which ONLY I use those "Frames" facilities.

Next time I will take more care NOT to include any "Highlighted" backgrounds in my photos...so I can cope all with my Picasa software!

Again David, thanks so much for your always constructive advises!

Peace,
Alex 007!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Buy Photoshop Elements 5.0. It costs very little, your son will be convinced that all the auto functions and easy wizard stuff are ideal for the pickled brain of a 64-year-old :-) and it has excellent RAW conversion for .ARW files, plus all the proper tools you need for higher quality image processing.

David
Alex 007
Acolyte

Hi my dear David,

My son who lives in London, copied for me the Photoshop CS-2 + two month ago when he visit us, brought with him some British photo magazines, on one of those was some kind of Photosohop bonus Cd with frames + explanation how to "Extract"...from Photoshop the best!. So as you comprehend... I don't needed to spell money acquiring another simpler Photoshop version, as you advise me.

But my biggest problems is to "Convince" my Son to install in our home computer the copied Cd that his brother brought...it's really "NOT"; the most simpler task!!! :oops:

BTW...I 99% send photos by Email account, so RAW photos don't really help me in this case...also take a lot of space inside my hard disk...last issue..trough Picasa can't be send RAW files...Picasa automatically will convert them to JPG!

Peace,
Alex 007!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

It can't be done - CS2 will not operate without activation. Two activations are allowed. If your son de-activates one of his computers, or has not used a second activation, you could use the program. But if it has been copied from any other person's CS2, you can install and still not manage to run it, because you will not have an activation code and the internet connection to Adobe will detect an excess activation and refuse it.

For $100 or under Elements 5.0 has all the internal power of CS2 - you can download plugins and patches which restore nearly all CS2 functions to Elements - and is a legitimate registered product for you once bought.

David
Alex 007
Acolyte

Dear David,

Thanks so much for your cite observation...really I will ask to my Son from London...what is "REALLY" with the CS-2 Cd history..., on this Activation issue?

David, $:100.00 now for me is here a lot of money...when mainly I'm extremely happy with my Free Picasa! 8)

BTW...When Adobe Lightroom" was Beta...my son downloaded at our home computer I try it twice, but to complicate for me...still there the "Last" Beta version..I don't use anymore.

Peace,
Alex 007!