A bouquet/posy...photo!

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Alex 007
Acolyte

A bouquet/posy...photo!

Unread post by Alex 007 »

Hello my dear KM/Sony owners & seriously fans,

From my yesterday daughter gifted bouquet to my wife, always with my 7D'Tamron 18-250mm lens combo + my Sigma DG 500 Super flash bounced to the ceiling room wall + as I like it...framed!

Trusting that you will love it...as I do! :D

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alex.Cozac/ ... 4tEVfKQaUg

Peace,
Alex 007!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I think we would call this a houseplant or a pot plant, not a bouquet or posy, because it looks as if it is growing. I like the treatment, but the real centres of interest should be the flowers, not the big green leaves. The green leaves take up too much of the area of the photo. The edge effect and cropping work well, looks like a greetings card.

David
Alex 007
Acolyte

Bravo David!

Yes is a "Pot Plant"...., I accept that the green leaves fills more that desirable portion of the whole photo.

I will correct this & post you again...looking forward your expertise opinion!

Cheers,
Alex 007!
Alex 007
Acolyte

David,

What you may say now?

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alex.Cozac/ ... 2195126386

Peace,
Alex 007!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I will be honest here. There is an old 'rule of thirds' which says the focal point of a picture is usually about 1/3rd in from any two sides, and also another rules which says that photographs work a bit like faces - the middle to upper part of the image, like the eyes in a face, is where you look. This important area is still mainly just leaves.

There are some wonderful colours in the flowers, especially the paler flowers which are cut off to the left, and these are large enough to make a strong focal point. I suggest you look at the subject, and when composing it, think 'if the flowers were eyes in a face, where would I place them in the shot?'.

You should never stick to old rules of composition when taking photos, but it is a good idea to consider them.

David
Alex 007
Acolyte

Dear David,

Thanks so much for your cute advise...will be take note next time! :oops:

Peace,
Alex 007!