Night Football Game

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
airwake
Acolyte

Night Football Game

Unread post by airwake »

Hello everyone,

My first post on this forum and I am excited to find a Alpha user group. So here is my problem, my girlfriend got season tickets to the Chargers here in San Diego. Took my new A300 with the 75-300 lens to the game to take some pictures. All I can say is that I love this thing!!! Haha. The pictures my camera took were amazing, that is untill it got dark outside. Everything from about the second quarter on was never in focus, they all looked just really soft and blurry. See the picture below.

Here is my metadata:

Aperture 5.6
Shutter 1/60
ISO 800.

Now, my thinking is that due to my small apterture is causing a very narrow depth of field and that is what's causing my soft pictures. Any ideas?
airwake
Acolyte

Re: Night Football Game

Unread post by airwake »

Thank you Sonolta, any ideas for a F/2.8 lens with a decent telephoto ability? We have decent seats in the statium but I would think that a 300mm would be a minimum. BTW, I am a long way away from being a professional, this is just a part time hobby that maybe one day I can turn into more. Thanks for the help guys!
airwake
Acolyte

Re: Night Football Game

Unread post by airwake »

Wow, thank you so much Sonolta. That is alot of good info. I will keep my eyes open for a decent used lens somehwere that has a more open aperture then my Sony lens. Until then I will just try my best at keeping the aperture as open as possbile to quicken up my shutter speeds. Thanks for the help!