Garden Flowers - Sigma 70-30 APO DG Macro

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Garden Flowers - Sigma 70-30 APO DG Macro

Unread post by Birma »

Here are some shots from today using my Sigma 70-30 APO DG Macro, with emphasis on the "macro" part. I bought this lens for the long telephoto, but decided to try out the macro part for the first time. I am pleased with the detail and the smooth oof backgrounds. Am I too easily pleased?

I had the SSS on for the shots despite using a (cheap and wobbly) tripod and 2 second timer for the shots.

1/30, F6.3, 300mm (Macro), ISO200

1/100, F6.3, 300mm (Macro), ISO200

1/125, F6.3, 300mm (Macro), ISO200

1/125, F6.3, 300mm (Macro), ISO200

CCC welcome.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Garden Flowers - Sigma 70-30 APO DG Macro

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Sonolta, I appreciate you taking the time for detailed comments. I think it was some of your shots with this lens that got me to try macro with it. (I look forward to your flower shots.) I will try some higher ISO shots to increase the DOF next time.

I have had a go at some PP, using IDC and then cropped in Photoshop Express. I like the sharpening.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Garden Flowers - Sigma 70-30 APO DG Macro

Unread post by Birma »

Nice shots in lens lore, really crisp - something for me to aim for :) .

I tried some further shots today, but same problem, not sharp enough to really pop. More practice required.

I'm interested in the PP workflow you used to spruce up my shot.