Beach Huts

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Beach Huts

Unread post by Dusty »

KevinBarrett wrote: Wow, and you haven't even heard me in person! Texans think I'm from Canada--heck, a Canadian thought I was from Canada!
Must be the inflection in your voice, eh?

I once spent a week at camp with a cabin full of Canucks, and when I came home my parents thought I needed de-programing!

My Spanish teacher always told us that her and her girlfriend spent 2 years in Spain, and for the last few months a Texan was with them also. She came back home with a bit too much of an accent!

Dusty
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Same thing happens to me when i'm in the south for any length of time. I come home witha drawl .. and diferent ones from diferent places.
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Some additions

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Some extra pics form the beach huts

A set of huts from the beach

Two things you can see from the huts

It does get a bit windy, so the windsurfers get a good ride

The beach is also pretty empty at this time of year

Best wishes

Murph
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Paul - you are rapidly joining a group of photographers I envy. Duncan McEwan is certainly one. These pix just have such a simple, vibrant colour and contrast. You've got the processing as perfect as Duncan once had slide film (I will say that he has not ever quite got the digital output to match his slides). You are building up an excellent portfolio.

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yep I totally agree with DK, elegant compositions there Murph.
Greg
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

KevinBarrett wrote:
Greg Beetham wrote:Hey Kevin, have you moved? I always thought you were further north than Texas for some reason.
Greg
Wow, and you haven't even heard me in person! Texans think I'm from Canada--heck, a Canadian thought I was from Canada!

Yildiz, thanks for the explanation. We have a beach here in Texas, but it's very poor and mostly just a landing strip for hurricaines and jellyfish. I would be very surprised to find that anybody visited it often enough to justify needing a beach hut. But then, I've been to beaches that made me want to move out of the country before... Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica, for instance... :mrgreen:
Yes great idea those huts, now that I've read what Yildiz had to say...we do have beach huts here of course but most of them are squatters huts, ie. just find a remote beach you like and build some corrigated iron shed in a decent spot on it somewhere, that's basically what has gone on in the past, but I hear that various Gov. agencies are cracking down on them now though, building codes and all sorts of bureaucratic official stuff about national parks etc....good grief :shock:

Hey Kevin, I've been practising my Texan....wait for it, gotta get the throat cleared first.......harrrummph..haaaggrumf..kaf kaf...ok here goes......Yo'all comeback now ya'hayr......how was that? pretty good huh. :lol:
Greg
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Greg Beetham wrote:Yep I totally agree with DK, elegant compositions there Murph.
Greg
That makes us 3
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Many thanks

Thanks to all for the positive comments, it really does mean a lot.

Best wishes

Murph
Bodak
Heirophant

Unread post by Bodak »

Havent got much in the way of beach huts/boxes/sheds, but this one was taken at Rosebud.
I've mucked around with this one but I just couldn't be bothered fumbling for the original.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice shots Stephen and gio67. I especially like #3 gio67 - the huts have the look of an expectant crowd - really great (not sure about the groyne in the foreground though).
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Birma wrote:Nice shots Stephen and gio67. I especially like #3 gio67 - the huts have the look of an expectant crowd - really great (not sure about the groyne in the foreground though).

thanks birma, ha ha your right about the crowd thing , i never noticed
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

A return to the beach hut area, this time at sundown

And one from the roadside on the way down to the coast that I couldn't resist

Best wishes

Murph
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

First and third for me, Murph. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Good ones again Paul,

One craves for the side beaches when seeing these photos. So, is the temperature high enough to get to use those huts and splash around in the sea waves? :D

I like the melacholy in the first photo, where the row of huts stand in solemn silence against the ocean's tides while the last of its daily tenants has departed for their homes in the land with their cheecks still rosey from a day in the sun.

Yildiz