Questa the Explorer

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Mike
Oligarch

Questa the Explorer

Unread post by Mike »

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending Sunday on a friends' farm. It's a working farm, they raise Angus Cows and Bernese Mountain Dogs. The mother of our two dogs recently had another litter which was seven weeks old. It was a blast to play with the puppies and take some pictures.

My favorite was of Questa the Explorer, Queen of all she surveys. It made the home page of http://www.berner.org/ which is an accomplishment based on the number of Berner pictures they have to choose from.
Questa the Explorer.jpg
Questa the Explorer.jpg (186.91 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
I also like "Take me for a walk."
Take me for a walk.jpg
Take me for a walk.jpg (178.88 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
And just to verify that I do occasionally take pictures of something other than Bernese Mountain Dog, how about some cows? This picture needed a tremendous amount of compression (quality 4)to get below 250KB at a resolution of 100 x 714 and it shows it.
cow 2.jpg
cow 2.jpg (188.82 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
All were taken with an a700 and SAL2470Z. I'm starting to get lazy and hardly ever take that lens off the camera.

Mike
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Questa the Explorer

Unread post by jbtaylor »

#1 wins. There is something going on behind those eyes.
Where in Maryland is this farm?
Looks like you had fun.
Thanks for posting.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

I'd like one 'queen' please, the frown perminantly attached to her face! :D

Cutest captures I saw for a long time. Thanks for the glimpse, Mike.

Yildiz
Mike
Oligarch

Unread post by Mike »

JB,

It's in Virginia, near Harrisonburg.

Yildiz,
Thanks, just imagine how much fun it was to play with the four of them. Questa was defiantly my favorite, here she is helping me with my shoe laces.
Help with my shoes.jpg
Help with my shoes.jpg (144.55 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
But, Deb fell in love with the big boy of the litter, Quito.
Big Boy Quito.jpg
Big Boy Quito.jpg (199.24 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
Mike
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the second batch! :D They are most definitely attractive and cute and have way of drawing attention with their little gimmicks...

How's with them that they always know just where to poke or pull when humanbeings are around, I always wonder?! :) Now it's the shoe laces getting untied, next they will hang your coat, make streching exercises with to streghten their jaws with your newly washed socks inside the laundry basket ... more surprises.

They are irresistible! Very easy to fall in love with... :D

Yildiz
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Mike wrote:My wife and I had the pleasure of spending Sunday on a friends' farm. It's a working farm, they raise Angus Cows and Bernese Mountain Dogs. The mother of our two dogs recently had another litter which was seven weeks old. It was a blast to play with the puppies and take some pictures.
In addition to being nice images, your photos also really capture the personality of a very enjoyable breed of dog.

Among our favorite places for a vacation trip are the Canadian National Parks in the Rockies, right at the junction of Alberta and British Colombia. Slightly west of there is a B&B that we also enjoy very much, and patronize whenever we are in that part of Canada. The Swiss couple who own it also breed Bernese Mountain Dogs, and the two images below were taken there during our family vacation in 2005.

I do not remember the name the breeders gave to the dog in these pictures, but the people involved are my wife, daughter, and granddaughters. The first image was taken with my Minolta A2 digital, and the second with my Minolta X-500 using Fuji Reala film that was scanned by the mini-lab that developed and printed the film.

FWIW, the B&B has a web site at

http://www.mulvehillcreek.com/

and the propaganda there is actually a very good portrayal of reality, in my opinion.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Attachments
Berner-02.jpg
(227.61 KiB) Downloaded 825 times
Berner-01.jpg
(233.3 KiB) Downloaded 825 times