Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Unread post by InTheSky »

Nice last shot, I like the animal playing with the kid.

Here is one of today, ~8c, little humid and frozen wind (thank for being in the north of Quebec in my family place).

The river is frozen, so we can take the 4 wheels and make happy the kids :-) :
DSC01673.jpg
(169.38 KiB) Downloaded 1720 times
Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

It's like a menagerie around there Greg, such an abundance of wildlife amongst the farm animals.
Great place for the kids. Generous size shots all interesting, last one is my favourite with the mountains in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Fun shot Frank with kids eyeview, I sure hope the ice is thick enough!

Shots like these that have made this thread so successful throughout 2011.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice pictures Greg and Frank. Fantastic views of a family Christmas on different sides of the globe, and in quite different climates :D

Still mild and grey here today. We had a family walk and it was great to get out in the fresh air. The light was very flat; great for macros I expect but not for views of the woods and hills.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Thanks guys, it was a little warmer here for Christmas than it looks in Franks excellent shot. (Me too, I hope that ice is thick)
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Wonderful variety as always... :D

Greg;

You certainly enjoyed a great family gathering with ponnies, farm animals and the wild creatures. Beautful setting with the kids having fun! : ) Fun to see shots from Australia that picture the subjects dressed suitably for a swim while a similar but snowy shot from Frank shows the significant difference in weather between the Northern and the Southern hemispheres.

Frank, that's indeed a good shot of the kids. You certainly got the snow you were craving for... : ))

Istanbul is cold but sunny. No snow. On Christmas eve, we had the glimpse of snow flakes flying about in the strong cold wind but that's all we got; no nice blankets to cover the roofs and the streets. Not feeling like taking photos when the only sign of cold winter is the thick coats that people are wearing. : ) Some winter landscape would have inspired me.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Tsawwassen 5ºc. Rain.

Went by the Bay again. Some shots of the fly overs Greg, about 9 within 3 miles. & some for the older roads in between. Captured another Snow Owl at Boundary Bay.

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Ah I see DA, there’s certainly a mixture of infrastructure there, power lines, rail lines and roads in all directions, and it’ll probably be good once it’s all sorted. Beautiful bird that Snow Owl, and well taken.
Greg
Ps I think what happens too kill off those specialized vermin predators is people using rat and mice poison baits instead of traps, they catch and eat affected rodents….especially where it’s used in bulk in a farm environment. :roll:
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Hi David,

Love the Snow Owl! What a beautifull creature! Nice shot!

Mark
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Another nice Snowy owl DA - but where is the snow? Aren't you usually up to your arm-pits in it by now?

With one day to go they are predicting this will be the warmest UK year since 1910. Strangely to go with this, it will be Scotland's wettest year since records began, and East Anglia's driest since records began :shock: . Photographically, I am hoping 2012 gives us some nice blue sky and frost - quite fed up with the damp, flat grey weather :( .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Birma wrote:quite fed up with the damp, flat grey weather :( .
Same here! :evil:
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I got so fed up today I started almost getting angry with it. The light during the whole midday period was lower outdoors than a single light bulb in a room indoors, and it was raining.

So - we drove the 200 yards to the garden centre, bought five replacement small tropical fish (after many years having only one neon tet left it a bit lonely, and our baby guppies' mum expired as they often do leaving the male chasing very tiny fishlings around the tank). Used some free coffee vouchers and had a surprisingly good café lunch for very little.

Got back in through the rain at dark at 3pm and decided that the NEX-7 will need something other than this to photograph when it comes - and we need to shoot Lanzarote, never been there. This afternoon stock sales from Matera and Ravello dropped in which is always encouraging. So a lot of juggling with airports, flight dates, available RCI weeks secured a deal to a truly photogenic resort (no travel agent could match this under twice the final cost to us even on late deals) at the end of the month.

All I have to do now is work very hard having given myself a un-shiftable deadline - and hope the NEX-7 arrives.

No photos of our weather. The background to this post is a fair representation if you are using the default forum style :-)

David
david antony
Viceroy

Tsawwassen. Sunny 8º. bit breezy.

Thanks Birma Greg & Mike.

Should be ok when done Greg, its taken a few of my short cuts and fruit trees away.

When it snows in the lower mainland Birma, it is usually wet stuff and is gone in a day or two. Some winters we don't get any. Hundred mile north or east and its a different story.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

It looks nice in Lanzarote, ideal Nex7 territory, one would think if it’s so murky in the UK at the moment there might be quite a few people there, or in the Canary Islands generally, having a break, escaping. http://www.turismolanzarote.com/en/the- ... -lanzarote
Greg

Ps DA I think the last thing I would need at 8°C is breezy.
Townsville weather: 22.8|30.3°C, H58%, 7|24km/h SE
DSC03854.jpg
DSC03854.jpg (246.21 KiB) Viewed 3370 times