Sony A99M2 + Tamron 60f2 + Zerene Stacker

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Sony A99M2 + Tamron 60f2 + Zerene Stacker

Unread post by sury »

I dusted off my 2D (X-Z) macro slider, mounted on a tripod and tried few flowers around the front/back yard.
I was too lazy to crop the vignette caused by Tamron 60f2.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
ValeryD
Viceroy

Re: Sony A99M2 + Tamron 60f2 + Zerene Stacker

Unread post by ValeryD »

Nice shots!
Everything in the life unusual!
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Valery.

A few more.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

The flowers are beautiful and the details impressive. The orange flower has some ghosting to its left probably because of stacking but they are all very nice. :)

Thanks for sharing, Sury.
Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Yildiz. Yes, indeed. There is some misalignment and softness too. The location of these flowers,
combined with my lack of suppleness in getting down to it are to be blamed. :D

Sury
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

Sury: I love your shots. I like the stacking feature. I also have problems with misalignment especially with handheld shot with a macro lens. When I don't use a tripod, as I don't always carry a tripod with me, I have problems. It's usually windy here in the mountains. Wind-free days are a luxury. I use a Metz macro flash, but that doesn't always do the shot justice. It's a game matching speed, ISO, and desired aperture on windy days. It's a problem capturing a bloom at it's peak. I have Tamron 60f2, but I have lesser SLTs. I want a a77ii. I am a A-mount fan boy. I like the A-mount better than the e-mount aps-c. I have a a5100 & a a6500, but I am without an e-mount macro lens . There is a Nissin MF-18 macro ring flash at $489, that works with the Sony multi-function hot shoe and the e-mount. It would probably work with the Sony a77ii, that has the new multi function hot shoe. But it's the cost. It's always the cost. Well, I like your work. I wish that I could travel. Keep it up.
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Fotogeorge. I don't see the misalignment as a "problem" per se. I see problem as giving me another opportunity to try again. :D
That is a valuable lesson I learned from the members of this forum. I am already thinking of redoing the shoot once weather improves here with f8 or larger since the softness is at the edge, I suspect in addition to misalignment, the diffraction may be kicking in. The simple observation Yildiz made about the image made me to think about the root cause. Anyway, look forward to your macros as well.

Sury