Dusting off lens - part 2

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Dusting off lens - part 2

Unread post by sury »

JT suggested that I should never let a lens collect dust in the context of CZ135f1.8 which is his favorite and he is the master of that lens.
I have dusted off my CZ135f1.8 (posted in a separate thread) and now I have dusted off CZ24F2 which was strongly recommended by a venerable contributor we affectionately called Doc (Dr. Harout)

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Dusting off lens - part 2

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Well done Sury.
It's a wonderful lens. I used that on the first birthday image in the other thread.
The short MFD is always welcome.
sury

Unread post by sury »

JT,
Thank you. Though I had hands on with 17-35, this one took a bit of time to get used to, given I haven't used the lens in almost two years.

Sury

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

I will only nod in the direction of the master-of-the-lens and say "teacher JBTaylor has spoken". :D

Sury, you did well indeed. In my humble opinion, the only area you could reconsider would be the background elements that crowd the background distractingly: changing the angle of perspective would solve it eternally. :)

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Yildiz,
Thank you and you are right with your astute observation. Only defense I have, albeit a lame one, :lol:
is that I am fighting the tendency to shoot narrow and in the process I am getting wide in the Z-direction
as well. :lol:

Sury

This one, I wanted to show that flowers are in the home, in a vase (still object)

Is this still distracting? Too busy?

What about this? Not my typical composition. I should call it a shot and not a composition...
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi, Sury. :)
sury wrote:This one, I wanted to show that flowers are in the home, in a vase (still object)
No, not distracting. Nicely composed to show a home environment while the tight focus is on the hydrangea florets. You constructed a context. :) (only my personal opinion, of course)
sury wrote:Is this still distracting? Too busy?
No, following the context of 'show the vernacular', the focused subject is free from distractive background while the focal point is the flora.
sury wrote:What about this? Not my typical composition. I should call it a shot and not a composition...
No, again. I would call this a very photo-documenting shot of your environment / surroundings. It's like a photo-documentation which we usually see in newspapers.

Yildiz
jbtaylor

I prefer the subject be prominent. The vase shot is the best example of that principle.
I can tell what you want me to see. The question is "do you think you achieved that goal and is there a better way to present it?"
Yildiz's recommendations hit the mark in that regard.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Few more....

jbtaylor

Looks like it's over folks.
JT