A quick dive on the gbr

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

A quick dive on the gbr

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Just kidding (David) :)
There is an aquarium complex next to the Museum here, sooo...

spot the Moray eel.

That's a real actual ship-wreck in the background.

This is deep water coral, it actually glows in the dark (special permanently darkened viewing area)

Sorry about the greenish tone, the WB was very difficult to get right, and was continually changing from place to place.
Greg
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: A quick dive on the gbr

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yep you're quite correct Don, it was just an attempt to do something I'd never tried before, and to show a small sample of what is there in this aquarium, but I'm quite happy to try it again at some point armed with your expert tips, OTOH why not drop in sometime and show me how it's done, bear in mind a lot of those fish don't come near the glass very often, there were lot's of really pretty ones but they seemed to stay over in the distance nibbling on the scenary, the occasional one that did seemed too come accross at a fairly fast clip from some unexpected direction, and you have a quite short time too line up focus and shoot (the viewing windows were huge), also as a fish progressed accross the 4" thick glass the backlighting changed and the WB changed, quite a challenge for me but probably not for someone of your calibre.
Greg