where time stands still

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

where time stands still

Unread post by gio67 »

kerela india, we went last march it never rains then, guess what , it rained for 8 out fo 14 days and boy did it know how to rain, it was still beautiful though,when it was hot it was hot even when it was raining, the fisherman pulling the nets in is spectacular,
trawling through my pics and i noticed something aster commented about on another thread and how i take my pics , subconciously i do seem to migrate towards isolation/ big space i never noticed that before , you learn something every day , the things i've learned on here in such a short time are priceless, thanks to you all

Last edited by gio67 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: where time stands still

Unread post by Dusty »

gio67 wrote:trawling through my pics and i noticed something aster commented about on another thread and how i take my pics , unconciously i do seem to migrate towards isolation/ big space i never noticed that before , you learn something every day , the things i've learned on here in such a short time are priceless, thanks to you all
That's okay, just make it work for you. Unless you're taking pictures for someone else, take the ones YOU like, as you'll never please everyone else. Also, if you're taking pictures with a lot of foreground, and have a good RAW to work with, you can always crop it. When I was first shooting news events, I always wanted to zoom in on the action. That's okay to get specifics, but remember that those who aren't there don't know the story without context. I had to learn that often the best shots were very wide and general, and that good, clear shots can always be cropped down to show the actions or detail. Often, you can capture in a corner of the frame something you didn't realize was going on because your focus was on what's elsewhere.

Keep shooting how you like them, and then adjust in the software. It's so much easier now than it used to be when it was all darkrooms and chemicals!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
wave_wizard
Initiate

Unread post by wave_wizard »

I really like your first shot of the fishermen, feels like your part of the action /struggle bringing the nets. The breaking wave gives the photo a bit of a nervy "edge".
What you see depends on what you're looking for.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I like the first one too. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
springm
Oligarch

Unread post by springm »

#1 is great - the colors are really saturated from probably from that moist air or the rain. When you consider cropping, I would remove a bit of the right border with the seagull, it doesn't really add value to the picture and by cropping tighter you could increase that 'crowded feeling' of the left side of the image.

Markus