a view from the ancient monument of stonehenge

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

a view from the ancient monument of stonehenge

Unread post by gio67 »

Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: a view from the ancient monument of stonehenge

Unread post by Javelin »

nice shot.. and I think your doing the right dance because it looks like rain comming!
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Javelin wrote:nice shot.. and I think your doing the right dance because it looks like rain comming!
thanks javelin, and your right, it came and it forgot to stop
Armen Gharib
Oligarch

Unread post by Armen Gharib »

Really nice picture, thank you and do you have some pics from Stonehenge??
Here is pics of analog to Stonehenge in Armenia, it is said and proven that this was one of the first in the world if not the first..

A550, Minolta 50/2.8Mc, Minolta 70-210/4, SAM 18-55, SAL75-300, Minolta 50/2.7, Samyang 14/2.8
http://ag.photoblogs.am/index.php?x=browse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

thanks armen and yours are good too, heres a couple of the better ones i took, its difficult to get decent angles because of the restrictions on access

harveyzone
Oligarch

Unread post by harveyzone »

Armen Gharib wrote:Really nice picture, thank you and do you have some pics from Stonehenge??
Probably breaking all the rules set out by English Heritage :) but here is one that I have...

--
Tom
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Lovely pictures of Stonehenge gio67 and harveryzone, and the standing stones in Armenia. The Armenian stones seem to be in a very wild and beautiful place. (gio67 - your first picture of the view from stonehenge seems to have some funny artefacts running along the horizon, perhaps as a result of a selection crossing the horizon and a change of levels causing the effect?)

I hope you'll excuse the non-alpha mount picture, but it is a Sony :D , and also excuse a different set of standing stones - these were taken with a V1 in 2004, on the Isle of Lewis. They are the standing stones at Calanish. A very different approach to security here. Some small signs asking people to not walk directly by the stones, which some people obey, and some do not obey - but there is no one checking. There is a small visitor centre open in the summer, but otherwise it is free. There is a very nice shop and tea-room 100 yards away at the end of the village of Calanish. Also a shot of the view from nearby the stones looking out across the lochs. It seems if you want access to ancient monuments then it is best to go to the Scottish Islands or Armenia :D

Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

i like that #1 birma, the stone has a texture of petrified wood
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks gio67 - I know what you mean - the textures are very interesting. I realise you're not supposed to, but it is irrestible to touch the stones and imagine the people who erected them thousands of years ago. About half a mile from the main stone circle there is a smaller circle, just sat in a field, no notices etc. We've spent many hours looking at the stones and sitting looking out across the lochs and hills. It is a great place.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Armen Gharib
Oligarch

Unread post by Armen Gharib »

Hey guys your sones have been preserved very well they looks nice as brand new :lol: :D , the case is different here in Armenia, the stones looks very tired but all are with many holes inside, elevation is very high and the location is in a very wild place .. And I couldn't see so big stones in Armenian one as in your pictures. And one problem also when I was there it was raining and I couldn't take wide angle pictrures with all stones, here are more than 100 stones, maybe more I don't know..
A550, Minolta 50/2.8Mc, Minolta 70-210/4, SAM 18-55, SAL75-300, Minolta 50/2.7, Samyang 14/2.8
http://ag.photoblogs.am/index.php?x=browse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
caporip
Grand Caliph

Unread post by caporip »

Only in England could you have a site so messed up as Stonehenge what with the road; the access etc. I love the Isle of Lewis shots - very evocative
Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;