couple from a yard sale.

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

couple from a yard sale.

Unread post by Javelin »

Moe.. Gettin some atention.

Havin a conversation

Little guy found a new truck
harveyzone
Oligarch

Re: couple from a yard sale.

Unread post by harveyzone »

Who was selling a camel at a yard sale? :wink:
It is a strange world :lol:
--
Tom
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

harveyzone wrote:Who was selling a camel at a yard sale? :wink:
It is a strange world :lol:
Oh! thats easy... it's the people who brought the Kangaroo of course! And you tought it was a silly question.

Jackie

Jackie dragging a kid across the field and just about running me over. His next hop was a 90°turn right in front of me (very agile these are). this was the only frame I got with him in the air and I only got 3 frames.

These are from a local farm that has exotic animals, some from zoos, some rescues. they started with reindeer. They raised a lion cub until it was ready to be in a zoo with other males etc.. and a zebraThey came over with the camel and this kangaroo. they use them as fundraisers and visit schools and things. The camel really is like a puppy dog. he likes attention, comes when you call him etc.. The kangaroo is a lot like a deer except not the least bit jumpy. he loved dandelions and small children. he rolls on his back to let them scratch his chest. He's only got another year or so before he moves on to a zoo somewhere because he will be too big to handle. they usually pick a teenager or 2 and show them how to handle him and they have a great deal of fun being around him and showing him off to the little ones.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Nothing like handling dangerous animals that can take your intestines out with one kick or spit hard enough to blow out an eyeball - builds character in teenagers :-)

David
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Damn, Knew I should have gotten pictures of the flamethrower game :)
David Kilpatrick wrote:Nothing like handling dangerous animals that can take your intestines out with one kick or spit hard enough to blow out an eyeball - builds character in teenagers :-)

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

In Texas and other parts of the Southwest they often hold rattlesnake roundups. :)
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Good one Javelin,
I like the western red with the heavy coat, you might end up designing a new woolly species, given enough time in a temperate climate that is. :D
Greg
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

I was surprised by his coat. it's oily and the red oil comes off on your hands. I wonder if these are all really tan in colour and it's that oil that makes them redish. He was hard to photograph because he's not interested in posing. if he's not going somewhere he is grazing.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I was giving the red coming off a bit of thought, and yes as I remember it does come off slightly on your hands, I always thought it was the western reddish dust, now it seems obvious that's not the case after all...no red dust there in that location...must be some pigment in the fur....I don't remember the oily feel though.
Greg