Let's post some panoramas

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Let's post some panoramas

Unread post by bakubo »

Sury, that's a nice one of the vineyards. I have never been to Paso Robles, but an old friend and former co-worker lives in San Luis Obispo and we have been to visit him and his family a few times. Also, have stayed in Morro Bay a few times.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Henry,
Thank you. That is made with 11 images stitched using MS ICE. This place is about 30 min. from both
SLO and Morro Bay. Perhaps next time.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Well, Greg, I would be waving from a little more to the left of the left you mention by the panorama that Henry shot of Istanbul's most prominent strait features. :)

Henry, hi and I can say that better in luck and health nowadays. Thank you. :) You too I hope.
I knew I was seeing Istanbul from atop the Galata Tower's observation terrace before I read the introductory lines. There's that instant strange feeling that you're looking at something familiar even in the smallest version of the panorama. I remember that it was pretty shaky when I was there because of te strong wind, making steady shooting a challenge. You did a fine job. I must say I had been visiting your website galleries almost twice aweek to see if Istanbul and Turkey got their places in there. :D Pretty anxious and impatient of me, I know, since had a long way ahead of you to the other end f the World.

Hi Sury, : )

You've been missed here too, no doubt. I see that the forum has taken to flowers and very interesting photo shoots from all of you. Andy has just mastered all his equipment and the visuals are amazing. And you, Sury, are in your wife's heavenly garden with lots to shoot, it appears. California enjoys a good summer start.

I'll try to function more often in the forum, hopefully. : )

Keep shooting everyone and thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

aster wrote:Henry, hi and I can say that better in luck and health nowadays. Thank you. :) You too I hope.
I knew I was seeing Istanbul from atop the Galata Tower's observation terrace before I read the introductory lines. There's that instant strange feeling that you're looking at something familiar even in the smallest version of the panorama. I remember that it was pretty shaky when I was there because of te strong wind, making steady shooting a challenge. You did a fine job. I must say I had been visiting your website galleries almost twice aweek to see if Istanbul and Turkey got their places in there. :D Pretty anxious and impatient of me, I know, since had a long way ahead of you to the other end f the World.
Glad all is going better now for you!

I got back to Japan on May 3rd, but then didn't get reunited with my computer until May 10th. I have been working on the trip photos and I am now about 95% finished so I hope in the next few days I can update my website. This delay has also created a backlog of Japan photos from both before Turkey and since getting back so I need to catch up! I like to keep caught up. :)
sury

Unread post by sury »

aster wrote:Well, Greg, I would be waving from a little more to the left of the left you mention by the panorama that Henry shot of Istanbul's most prominent strait features. :)

Henry, hi and I can say that better in luck and health nowadays. Thank you. :) You too I hope.

Hi Sury, : )

You've been missed here too, no doubt. I see that the forum has taken to flowers and very interesting photo shoots from all of you. Andy has just mastered all his equipment and the visuals are amazing. And you, Sury, are in your wife's heavenly garden with lots to shoot, it appears. California enjoys a good summer start.

I'll try to function more often in the forum, hopefully. : )

Keep shooting everyone and thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Good hear from you Yildiz. Look forward to "seeing" you on the forum.

Sury
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

+1

Glad to hear things are on the up, Yildiz :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Vidgamer »

DSC00083_stitch by avidgamefan, on Flickr

This was among my latest panoramas, stitched. Unfortunately, they had forest fires making the haze worse than usual. I like it fine, haze and all, except for something weird is going on with the horizon! I probably need to redo the stitch and see if I can bend it into a better shape.
sury

Unread post by sury »

I could not see anything wrong with horizon. BTW, your city walk image is fabulous.

Sury
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Thanks, Sury! You can hardly go wrong with neon. :-)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Vidgamer, that is nice. Where is it?
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

bakubo wrote:Vidgamer, that is nice. Where is it?
Thanks! It's the view from the Griffith Observatory, in the Hollywood hills.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Vidgamer wrote:Thanks! It's the view from the Griffith Observatory, in the Hollywood hills.
Is that the place from Rebel Without a Cause?
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

It has been in more than one movie, but I forget which ones. I think it was in one of the Terminator movies too.

About the photo, I kinda like getting part of the building along with the distant view, which I think gives it some context. The architecture was interesting.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

View from Ponta de São Lourenço, Madeira, Portugal

View from Ponta de São Lourenço by markvanrheenen, on Flickr

Made with the RX100 on 28mm (35mm eq.) out of 8 shots with polariser filter. Merged with Photoshop.

Mark
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

Great job on stitching the shots together. I like how horizon has only a subtle curve in it.