Let's post some panoramas

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
RobbieA
Oligarch

Re: Let's post some panoramas

Unread post by RobbieA »

bakubo wrote:
RobbieA wrote:African Bushveld Colours
Nice! I was in South Africa in 1993, but didn't see those colors. Were you on top of a hill when you took this?
That was quite a while ago.. this was taken last weekend, typical winter colours.. I was high up in a "tree house" overlooking the bush..
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Great view Henry, I think you may have posted a single photo of Bryce Canyon some time ago (RH end of the pan), I remember the snow in a place where I wouln't have ever expected too see snow.
Greg
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Whilst I like slightly fuzzy tree pans with interesting colours Robbie, can I put in an order? I would really like an African pan with some Heffalumps in it, please....pretty please. :D
Greg
RobbieA
Oligarch

Unread post by RobbieA »

Greg Beetham wrote:Whilst I like slightly fuzzy tree pans with interesting colours Robbie, can I put in an order? I would really like an African pan with some Heffalumps in it, please....pretty please. :D
Greg
LOL. no problem Greg.. just need to wait for next time I come across some of these majestic creatures....
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Greg Beetham wrote:Great view Henry, I think you may have posted a single photo of Bryce Canyon some time ago (RH end of the pan), I remember the snow in a place where I wouln't have ever expected too see snow.
Thanks, Greg. Yes, I have some Bryce Canyon photos in the Utah gallery on my website. The elevation is quite high (I think about 8,000 feet) so it is cold in the winter and they get snow.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Here is a new panorama I made yesterday at the Kapahulu Groin:

Here's a larger version (236kb, 480 pixels high):

http://www.bakubo.com/panoramas/kapahulu_groin_pano.jpg
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

This was my first attempt taken from off the Negril beach in Jamaica this April.

I took four seperate pictures very unscientifically and when I got home had a go with the feature in PS CS4 and surprised myself at how it came out.

Think I'll have to give this some more thought now.

Brian
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bonneville wrote:This was my first attempt taken from off the Negril beach in Jamaica this April.
Nice beach and panorama, Brian! I crop mine to make a rectangle, but it is always a bit of a letdown that I have to lose some parts (sometimes important parts) of the image when I do that. Actually, leaving it uncropped may not be so bad.
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Unread post by Ewannawe »

bonneville wrote:This was my first attempt taken from off the Negril beach in Jamaica this April.

I took four seperate pictures very unscientifically and when I got home had a go with the feature in PS CS4 and surprised myself at how it came out.

Brian
I've done these a fair bit and consequently learnt some better techniques - or at least ones that suit me. For optimum results you must use a tripod and go for around 33% shot overlap.

But if your caught short without a tripod and have an interesting vista in front of you, take your time and study the view, can you imagine a straight horizontal through your scene? Practice a swing round without taking any shots yet, pausing at each imaginary frame. Try to follow your horizontal and mentally note in each preceeding frame where you want the next frame to start (at around that 30-40% overlap). Finally, don't forget to choose a mid-exposure value and shoot all frames with same values to minimise PP headaches later.
Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

2 panos of the same location - different times of day. They're overlooking San Francisco Bay from San Rafael (north of SF). The bridge is the San Rafael - Richmond Bridge.

Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Cogito wrote:2 panos of the same location - different times of day. They're overlooking San Francisco Bay from San Rafael (north of SF). The bridge is the San Rafael - Richmond Bridge.
Thanks for posting. I like the first one better because of the better colors. I lived in the Bay Area for 12 years. I don't get out there often these days though.
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by stevecim »

here are a few pano of Goldcoast, Queensland, Australia

Ewannawe
Oligarch

Unread post by Ewannawe »

High Green, Northumberland. Quite a remote spot and all the more lovely for that. I go up that way quite often and you get some lovely light at times.
Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Been playing with Hugin.

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Ewannawe,

Nice one!

Kevin;

I like the shot all the more for the barrel distortion on the doorway section of the building. That corroded metal post instated in angular fashion to the silo walls -to hold the pipes in position I guess- is a nice detail.

Yildiz