Let's post some panoramas

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Let's post some panoramas

Unread post by aster »

Hi Henry; :)

That's a very impressive panorama of a very panoramic city. The bigger one depicts some very neat buildings in details and love the river curling through...Great work!

Hi Sury, :)

Good one of your daughter. She looks like she was running a marathon and she left the crowd of runners behind.. :D This lens proved a solid keeper for your portraits. Lovely backgrounds and excellent isolation of the subjects.

Thanks for sharing all,

Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Yildiz.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

aster wrote:.
That's a very impressive panorama of a very panoramic city. The bigger one depicts some very neat buildings in details and love the river curling through...Great work!
Thank you. Actually, that isn't a river. That is the ocean! It is part of the Seto Inland Sea (or Seto Naikai -- 瀬戸内海). The sea between the big islands of Honshu and Shikoku are filled with many small islands. There are 2 bridges that connect Honshu and Shikoku and they hop over many islands. The water you see is the sea between Honshu where I am taking the photo and the next island. Behind that island you can see many more. Here is a little info:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5445.html
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

There is a real 3D quality to that. An unusual but effective portrait effect :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bakubo wrote:
aster wrote:.
Thank you. Actually, that isn't a river. That is the ocean! It is part of the Seto Inland Sea (or Seto Naikai -- 瀬戸内海). The sea between the big islands of Honshu and Shikoku are filled with many small islands. There are 2 bridges that connect Honshu and Shikoku and they hop over many islands. The water you see is the sea between Honshu where I am taking the photo and the next island. Behind that island you can see many more. Here is a little info:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5445.html

Hi Henry; : )

Thanks for the detailed information. We can safely call this group of small islands an archipelago then, I presume. Going so wide-angle creates the illusion of a pseudo-river effect...

I enjoyed the article, thank you. : )

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Here is a panorama thumbnail I made at Keoladeo National Park, India:

Larger version:

http://www.bakubo.com/panoramas/OLYB3118-Pano.jpg

This is the first panorama I made completely inside Lightroom. The current Lightroom CC has a panorama merge function. Before I had to make panoramas outside of Lightroom and it was more of a hassle.
DennisG

Unread post by DennisG »

Some realy nice shoots from all of you :)

My last attempt on a panorama, made of 7 long exposures.
_DSC3285-Pano-3.jpg
_DSC3285-Pano-3.jpg (382.75 KiB) Viewed 6093 times
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

Excellent Dennis.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Wow. Dennis. Fabulous shot.

Sury
Ossie
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ossie »

Not had much success with panoramas but during a recent river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam I thought I would give it another try and here is the result.
Budapest-Pano-3.jpg
A77 +16-80mm cz
(191.38 KiB) Downloaded 3032 times
10 pic in portrait format stitched in PS5

Ossie
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

That is an awesome looking pano, Ossie. I love the small clouds floating above the buildings. :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
sury

Unread post by sury »

I agree with Andy. It is an awesome pano.

Sury
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Ossie wrote:Not had much success with panoramas but during a recent river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam I thought I would give it another try and here is the result.
That's a nice one!

By the way, last year I posted one in this thread of a different view of Budapest that also includes the same Hungarian Parliament Building.
Ossie
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ossie »

Andy, Sury and Henry

Thank you for your comments

Henry
bakubo wrote:By the way, last year I posted one in this thread of a different view of Budapest that also includes the same Hungarian Parliament Building.
Wow! That is a great panorama and taking in virtually the entire city. Was it taken from near Saint Matthias Church?

I thought Budapest was a beautiful City and the Parliament building was imho quite stunning both during the day and when illuminated at night.

Keith
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Ossie wrote: Wow! That is a great panorama and taking in virtually the entire city. Was it taken from near Saint Matthias Church?
Close, I was at the Citadella.
Ossie wrote: I thought Budapest was a beautiful City and the Parliament building was imho quite stunning both during the day and when illuminated at night.
Yes, me too. I was there in 2005 for a few days and then last year my wife and I spent 2 months in Spain, France, and Hungary. We stayed for 2 weeks in Budapest. If you are interested here are some photos including some night photos:

http://www.bakubo.com/Galleries%202/Hungary/index.html