Portland Lighthouse

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Bluebear
Acolyte

Portland Lighthouse

Unread post by Bluebear »

Recently treated myself to an a700 :D and went on a trip to the seaside yesterday at Weymouth as we have a photo competition ("The Sea") coming up shortly at my camera club. Very impressed with the quality of images from this camera! I used the Sony 16-80ZA (awesome!) and a Sigma 70-300 APO etc. I am especially pleased with the super steady shot function, which seems much stronger than on my 5D - the close up of the lighthouse lamp was taken handheld at 300mm, 1/1250 f/5.6 and ISO320 - likewise the RNLI "rescue" was handheld at 230mm, 1/2000 f/9 and ISO500. I'm also loving the colour reproduction of this camera, as per the lighthouse picture.

and last but not least the lovely tones on this rowing boat, taken at 70mm, 1/125 f/11 and ISO250

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Portland Lighthouse

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Those are really very good colours. Be sure to enter our Gallery competition in Photoworld magazine - if you are not a subscriber, it does not matter, as your prize if accepted is of course a subscription! To enter all you need to do is email a suitable size (I recommend 2000 pixels wide) RGB JPEG without any excessive sharpening, sRGB or AdobeRGB with an embedded profile, with caption details and name/address provided, to [email protected]

My next deadline is April 14th to receive submissions before we judge them and select the pictures.

David