Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by aster »

:D :D

Wow! That's quite a bunch and all looking healthy and nice with good colours. No need for modesty at all !

What an inticate lily type that one is. Looks more like a long-legged white spider or insect with such proportons and parts.

Good ones, Greg.

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Thanks Yildiz, :) I've seen those Lilies around town before, it's an interesting one, I think Lilies are quite variable, there is another one in the garden (not in flower at the monent but I have it on file, somewhere), and it doesn't look anything like that one, it has a ornage/yellow flower that looks more like a Hibiscus....funny cattle them Lilies...
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:Thanks Yildiz, :) I've seen those Lilies around town before, it's an interesting one, I think Lilies are quite variable, there is another one in the garden (not in flower at the monent but I have it on file, somewhere), and it doesn't look anything like that one, it has a ornage/yellow flower that looks more like a Hibiscus....funny cattle them Lilies...
Greg
Would love to see those intersting flowers when you find them. :)

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

aster wrote::D :D

Wow! That's quite a bunch and all looking healthy and nice with good colours. No need for modesty at all !
Ditto that wow for me :D . Suitably warm colours and the flowers all have a great 'exotic' look. I think #1 is my favourite - it must be called a "flame" or "fire" something-or-other :lol: . Thanks for brightening up the winter here with some Aussie colour. I hope the door painting doesn't distract you for too long 8) .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
stewartjs
Initiate

Unread post by stewartjs »

Thank to Birma for suggesting I post some flowers here - regretably 2009, but gives us something to look forward to. All taken in a small wood near Urchfont, Wiltshire, on the A100 with 18-70 kit lens.
DSC01676.jpg
DSC01676.jpg (909.51 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
DSC01668.jpg
DSC01668.jpg (881.35 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
DSC01661.jpg
DSC01661.jpg (985.01 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
Stewart
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Beautiful pictures Stewart, I particulalry like #2 with the Bluebells carrying on right in to the distance. That green and blue combination is just great.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I like the first most, Stewart. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
rogprov
Oligarch

Unread post by rogprov »

This flower was a little optimistic :)

Roger
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

rogprov wrote:This flower was a little optimistic :)
:D

Fine details and nice photo though...

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I found it, yay! just for you Yildiz, this is the other one (Lily) that flowers now and then, it's mixed in and grows a flower stem or two up in the middle of another plant, I can't do much about that, so sorry that it's got branchy bits all around.
Greg

A100 KM18-200 (I think)
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Unread post by Ewannawe »

Must resist the urge to post in this thread, must wait till spring, must resist....

Ah to hell with it, here's a couple from 2009.

Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:I found it, yay! just for you Yildiz, this is the other one (Lily) that flowers now and then, it's mixed in and grows a flower stem or two up in the middle of another plant, I can't do much about that, so sorry that it's got branchy bits all around.
Greg

A100 KM18-200 (I think)

:D I'm honoured Greg, thank you.

I believe it's called the Lillium "stargazer" and can be produced in various colours. It probably likes the life inside an other branched plant, which may be protecting it from too harsh a sunny environment...

I liked the name "stargazer" for a lily. :) A very philosophical astronomer is this lily it seems!

Thanks once again,

Yildiz
Last edited by aster on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Very cheerful and lovely coloours Ewannawe, :)

It feels good to see these nice flowers on a foggy evening in Istanbul. We can't see a thing within 50m of reach...

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice Lily Greg - the variety of spectacular flowers in your garden never ceases to amaze me :D .

I like your shots as well Ewanawe; a taster of things to come - love the insects in both shots and the great backgrounds / bokeh.

rogprov, I hope some further blooms will survive to more clement weather!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Ha! Yildiz to the rescue, so it's the stargazer Lily, that's good, a plant I can really identify with.... :)

Thanks Birma, yeah things pop up around here, sometimes you never saw them before, usually though it's some kind of new weed, I think birds do most of the spreading of the seeds of things. Some you don't mind so much If it a source of astonishment. Like the Honeyeater that has a passion for bird's-eye chillies, it drops the seeds all over the yard and they sprout up everywhere, you have to have a lot of respect for something that can eat bird's-eye chili raw off the bush...and live, I think you could mash em up and use the paste for paint stripper.
Then there is the Mistletoe bird that spreads Mistletoe everywhere, it can infest everything if you don't keep an eye on it, I've even seen Mistletoe growing in the Lemon tree, Orange trees and the Cumquat tree, it seems it can infest Citrus without any problem. There are numerous other birds that do seed spreading, the Figbird is one, it eats all sorts of different kinds of berries, seeds etc. and spreads them all over, and I think the Great Bower Bird does similar as well....some seeds won't even germinate unless they pass through a bird first..
Yep life is interesting, wouldn't be dead for quids.
Greg

ps. Very nice flower shots Ewannawe, and I like rogprovs poor little frozen flower, also those splendid blue forest flowers by StewartJS.